1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting mkv to playable dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DigiCrime, Aug 6, 2007.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Member

In attempts to find out how I've searched around and haven't found any conclusive evidence to support what I want to do. Apparently there are programs to do it but I never have found a follow up to the conversion. ConvertX and DVD Santa seem to be the two popular ones however I dont have santa, and ConvertX sorta works but there are audio problems. I'm testing mediacoder out right now but wont know till its done. I realize quality of the video would be lost during conversion however I'm not to concerned about it. When using ConvertX using VLC to play back you can hear the audio and see picture fine. Using NeroShowTime it asks for a blu-ray plugin and has no audio in english but has it in another language. When burned to a DVD and played in a player its the same thing, no audio in english but the picture is laggy during certain parts of the video.

When I burn or do anything video related its usually at night when im not using the computer so the programs have full use of computer resources. I have a 3.4Ghz (single core) system and I copy dvds all the time with a very high successful rate but MKV conversion is new to me yet. Anyone attempt to convert .mvk to a .vob video to be played in standard dvd players?

2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

3. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Member

As my post states ConvertXtoDVD has problems. I did search the net for all this and all seems to point to this software but I've never found any follow up on it such as did it or didn't work. In my case it doesn't work. Searched more, AVS Video claims to have MKV conversion but after installing it doesn't even have an option for MKV. MediaCoder, gets 100% thru and errors out on inserting the audio in.

So my question now would be is if ConvertX is the norm for conversion why doesn't it work for me?

4. paiger651

paiger651 Regular member

ConvertX doesn't work for me either same problems as you laggy video.

5. Fiji5555

Fiji5555 Member

6. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Member

Thanks :) The laggy video is whats bothering me mostly, audio I got figured out. During conversion you can see it says Error while decoding stream #0.0 but plays fine on the computer just not in a player :-/

Ill try yours out and go from there thanks

7. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Member

What kind of Codecs should be installed if your dealing with mkv files anyway maybe its the codecs im using thats throwing everything off..

8. DigiCrime

DigiCrime Member

Ok I tried it with your AlltoAVI conversion and there is no sound except a whistle that goes in and out and the video quality is very terrible. That took aprox three hours to create :(

ConvertXtoDVD
    MediaCoder
    AVS Media
    AlltoAVI

All four of these have failed, just posting a follow up to my own thread. Any other suggestions? im gonna keep researching :)