1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying dvd moveis

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by samwhite, Feb 14, 2005.

1. samwhite

samwhite Member

I want to copy some dvd disks, but am having problems with copying the VIDEO_TS folder to my hard drive, it errors saying certain files cant be copied. has anyone got any ideas of how to get round this? PLEASE!!!

2. xaosai

xaosai Member

You can't just copy it bc its encrypted. Read the tutorial by mediaguru on how to backup DVDs at the top of the forum. Step 1, decrypt; Step 2, compress (optional); Step 3, burn.

3. samwhite

samwhite Member

Thanks for your reply, but I cant decypt it, mac the ripper says its encrypted and I cant copy the video_ts folde to my hard drive because it errors wgen copying saying certain VOB files cannot be coppied, any ideas?

4. xaosai

xaosai Member

Are you using MTR properly? You need to extract the dvd with MTR before you try to copy it to your desktop. MTR should recognize any dvd you put in your drive. Make sure you have the latest version. Also, check region codes, aarcos etc.

5. xaosai

xaosai Member

Are you using MTR properly? You need to extract the dvd with MTR before you try to copy it to your desktop. MTR should recognize any dvd you put in your drive. Make sure you have the latest version. Also, check region codes, aarcos etc.

6. samwhite

samwhite Member

When I open MTR and put dvd in drive it says it cant open VMG info, then another error appears saying cant read DVD title set

7. samwhite

samwhite Member

Ive just manged to copy files onto desktop, and the use mac the ripper, but when I go to dvd2one it errors saying it cant decrypt encyyted data, I thought mtp sorted that, am I being thick or what
    Please help

8. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

YOU CAN'T copy the files in the finder and then try to decrypt. You MUST extract/decrypt with MTR/DVDBackup1.3 or whatever FROM the DVD!

If MTR is not working right (I suspect user error though) then rebuild permissions.

Check the guide at the top of the mac forum here too.