1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day 4 Without a cigarette!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by gerry1, Jun 12, 2006.

1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

When GrandPaBW posted his thread on this subject, I said I was going to quit when I moved to my new place. That got postponed by a week when we were informed that we were in for a huge lay off, the anxiety of not knowing didn't provide a good "quite smoking" frame of mind. Having survived the axe (55 people were let go and I'm a dept of one now), I've made the decision to follow through. Wish me luck!!

2. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry
    ye know cigarettes and coffee go good together first thing in the morn,have a smoke on me.............

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Thanks Ireland ... I suppose a cyber cigaretter is harmless enough!

4. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1
    keep it up as i am supporting ye..i like pulling ye leg....
    [​IMG]

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

gerry1, I am in your corner. You can do it. Two days from now, I will have gone longer without a cigarette than I have since I was 18 years old. I am 56 now. It will be day 150.

Certain situations will bother me for the rest of my life, I am sure. But, I look at the fact that at 150 days, I will have smoked 10,500 less cigarettes! That is damned hard to imagine.

My good man, you will make it. Keep a journal of what your body is going through. I did it for the first 100 days, and it helped me.

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Hi GrandPa! Somehow, I feel certain that I will make it this time! Its been going well though I'm not going to let my guard down ... its only been five days after all. I choose the perfect time choose to quit when I moved. The "high pressure" part of the move was over once the essentials were done when I quit; as is the nature of any move, this left me with a million no pressure things to do and it's been the ideal thing to do with all the nervous energy and I've still got plenty left to do. I'm staying away from any type of booze though as I'm sure that would be my undoing; fortunately, I'm not much of a drinker. I'm sure I'll do well this time. I'll try your journal idea ... as you've probably noted, my posts are always excessively wordy...I like to write! Thanks Bruce!

7. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1
    a idea for ye..change the title of the tnread for each day..
    isn't this the 5th day..

8. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

Good luck mate!

You will fell more refreshed.

Hope its for the best.

:)

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Thanks Bombayboy ... its going really well; I'm confident I'll do it this time!

10. In_Chains

In_Chains Member

I wish you luck man. I know where your coming from. I smoked for about 7 years (13-20) and that was ridiculously hard for me to do. Just stay away from the booze and the coffee and you'll be fine ;)

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Thanks guy ... I'm sure I'll make it this time. Staying away from the booze is a must but I can't stay away from the coffee ... there are only so many substances I can withdraw from at a time LOL!

12. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

Never mind

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  13. eShop

eShop Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2006
  14. eShop

eShop Guest

I got loves from Neph.

15. eShop

eShop Guest

Mommy did drugs while preganant with me.

16. BlinkN

BlinkN Regular member

eShop, you're a piece of s**t. That's all I got to say.

17. ireland

ireland Active member

eShop thanks for posting ye mug shot,so when we go to ye rip-off web site we will see ye as ye are,a pig in a mans clothing..

[​IMG]

read the site rules,
    i forgot ye can not read anymore as because ye smoke and eat drugs

Advertising and scams

1. Advertising via forum messages is strictly prohibited. If you need to advertise your products on our site, contact us via the feedback form and we will negotiate an advertising contract with you/your company.

2. Linking to pyramid schemes and other forms of "free <place-your-product-here> schemes" is stricly prohibited (see http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/207101 )

3. Providing affilate tagged links to products or services is not allowed.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

18. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

F***** twat head...there are some real nobs out there.

19. rav009

rav009 Active member

Yep, there sure are...

And Gerry, best of luck to you my friend, you have all of our support and I hope you can do it, take my word for it, this will be worth it as achieving a goal like quitting smoking is something to be hold pride in,I know some may not think too much of it but it really is a mammoth task, I had a friend who I tried to get out of smoking, in his case it was somthing esle, he never did and from seeing what happened to him stopped the rest of us.

It's a nasty habit :(

At least you will be able to say:

"I will have gone longer without a cigarette than I have since I was 18 years old. I am 56 now. It will be day 150. "

Just like GrandpaBW does, you know that will feel so great, So C'mon Gerry, good luck to you mate and keep us posted, don't be giving up on us ya hear!!

Take care and best wishes, conquer the cigarette!!

-Rav

20. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Gerry1, it has been a week since your first post about quitting. You have made it through 11 days, I hope!