1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox In Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by habcat, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcrypto

xcrypto Member

Hi Mgb, Hyper Terminal sits with a blank command window saying its connected it doesnt give an error. But when I try type a command like "dl 800000" nothing happens on the command window and I dont get any response from my DBOX. I also try sending files but I dont get any response back from the DBOX either. I have the usual display with all the info on screen and at the bottom I have 5 blanks, when startup with the up arrow pressed. If i start without up arrow I get Kien system below the 5 blanks.

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Did you setup hyper terminal with the right settings and did you choose the right com port?

3. xcrypto

xcrypto Member

Yes - At least I Think so?! - Have BPS 9600,8 Bits X ON / X off. No Parity 1 stop Bit. Connected to correct COM port. (Verified I had correct COM port from Device Manager). One thing I'm suspecting might be a problem is I'm using a USB to RS serial adapter as my laptop doesnt have a serial port. Could this be a problem? - anyone else using a similar device to connect?

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Set the usb adapter to the first free comport in the device manager.

5. xcrypto

xcrypto Member

Yep - Had that done - COM 1 was free so I used that one.

6. ElboW316

ElboW316 Member

I've been using a DBox for the past 9 months, without a bother (Apart from the manual key-changing process a couple of months ago) but now I'm hitting a problem.

For the last few days, I just get the standard message telling me that no channels have been found and to carry out a new channel scan.

I've done this scan (With it apparently finding a number of channels while scanning) - however, at the end of it, it just says that there are no channels found.

Is there anything else I can do to sort this problem?
    Having a quick scan through the forum, there doesn't seem to have been any general DBox problems in Dublin over the last week.

7. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I would just flash on the working blade quad image. Better image than any out 9 months ago.

http://www.4shared.com/file/51816895/e48e6dda/Blade_Quad_2x_Dublin_June_08.html?s=1

or

http://www.4shared.com/file/51816853/a15887e3/Blade_Quad_1x_Dublin_June_08.html?s=1

Keys have rolled since they were made, and a mates sagem took ages to decode them, so leave it on a good while.

UPC are replacing boxes in dublin, check this thread
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/676671

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  8. john1980

john1980 Member

hi new to the site need help with a sagem dbox2 cant get any channels on it im in dungarvan ireland i have a live cable feed but when i scan i get no channels i have the quad blade image thanks for any help also i only got the dox yesterday so im new to all this

9. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

who is your provider?

Do you have a digital sub box? there might be a way to check in menus what frequency etc you are on, might have to make a custom cables.xml file.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  10. john1980

john1980 Member

my provider is casey cablevision dungarvan and i have a box with them thats a digital box if you pay you can get sky movies on it so i must have a digital feed would this be right but i cant get the dbox to work at all

11. john1980

john1980 Member

hi i tried the menu and cant get the info i need from it any one got any ideas how to fix it ir what net id and frequency i could use for dungarvan thanks

12. adm1

adm1 Member

Hi,
    Have just lost channel 4 and sky one+two.
    lost the music channels a while ago.
    Has this happened to others with the dbox in dublin (channel 4 i mean)?

13. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

I don't know. If it was me I would make a gigantic cables.xml file with lots of frequencies listed, so it would scan pretty much all possibilities, it could take over a day for the scan to work. The frequency might not be exact but will work.

That is presuming they are compatible at all.

14. ruprect

ruprect Regular member

Strange it happened on my mates too. He has 2 sagems with the same andromeda image. A rescan on his worked fine, on another the scan worked but channel 4 and sky 1&2 got kicked to the end of the bouquets.

You can stick on the working image I linked to, or use the guide I posted to adjust your scan.conf file and then scan again.

15. john1980

john1980 Member

how do i make a xml file ive never done this before also how long does it take to scan for channels on the dbox im a complete newbie at this when i first connect the box up the channels were on the little screen on the box but now there not and when i scan it says error no channels and no epg info is on the lcd of the box any one have any idea whats up with it also when im using service scan do i use scan mode complete or scan mode one transponder and is the blade quad image ok for ireland and should i use gbox or emu cam thanks

16. keithnola

keithnola Member

Has anybody got an up to date Dublin services file for NTL with the updated Channel 4, At The Races etc. I don't pick them up when I scan. Either that or can anyone point me in the direction of a website that maintains these frequencies?

17. john1980

john1980 Member

hi just wondering if there is any one in waterford that would be willing to come to dungarvan and set up my sagem dbox 2 as im having no luck with it will pay you for your time

18. kieran57

kieran57 Member

Hi Im in Dublin ntl with nokia dox with sportstar image.Can anyone tell me how to use the parental lock with the remote control.Dont want kids to see adult Channels.

19. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Which subscriber box is in use for casey in Dungarvan?

20. john1980

john1980 Member

thank you very much for your reply its a silver box that says cable vision model no-hcx-700c dvb box thats all it says on it the dbox is driving me mad i have cable broadband and a live feed but still cant get any channels i realy need help with this when i got the box 2 days ago the channel list was on the lcd screen but i couldnt get any channels on tv so i did a service scan and nothing does it need to be reflashed with a differnt image also it only scans for a few seconds

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.