1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEAD STARVIEW

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by richieg11, Jun 10, 2007.

1. richieg11

richieg11 Member

Hi i have a starview box which on inspection contains the samsung chip to the left of the cpu,the cpu itself has no heatsink on,i recently flashed with v3 firmware and it is now dead??i clicked on epg and it froze,i could not exit from epg menu so i done a powerdown
    now nothing at all??no lights etc,from what i have read my box is not a clone,mobo has gcr3510cx revb 2005-09-05 any ideas anyone
    any help apreciated

2. richieg11

richieg11 Member

thanks for all the input!!

3. lrnk

lrnk Member

i will fix it for you for £10 with free delivery back to you via recorded delivery

4. richieg11

richieg11 Member

thnx mate but its gone in the bin..i have bought a real cable box a eurovox max..with proper epg etc...my advice to all is dont buy starview boxes they are utter s**t

5. car19

car19 Regular member

Hi there I thought the forums and others where there to help people and not make money Yes we all know you have to earn but at that price it's not your main job? why dont you offer help with specific problems and get more good will that way?The reason I am replying to the oringinal post is that I have posted a item about JTAGing and a Starview and no one seems to read the meesage that I can solder but not change the box ID and therfore cannot go any further so please offer help?

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Car I have tried to help you out with your query here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/526200