1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anyone try FASTDVDCOPY 2.0

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Slonar21, May 8, 2004.

1. Slonar21

Slonar21 Member

The FASTDVDCOPY 1.X was crap but this version seems good, so if anyone has feedback it would be cool...

2. BOOGIEMAN

BOOGIEMAN Member

I have used both version and so far I like this one just as well. I like it because it is a one click does it all program like 321 studios windows version of copying. Price is high but I will pay for something that works.

3. ricom33

ricom33 Guest

I have an earlier version of fastdvd but it never worked, I tried to download the latest version and it will not download. Tech support has not answered my eamil in about 2 weeks. Any suggestions?

4. samintx

samintx Regular member

I tried both versions and they both worked fine. My problem with the ver 1 was it only played on my PC and Mac computers. Would not play on any of my 3 brands of DVD players.Don't see how you think it was crap. Ver 1 worked perfectly. I have an iBook and 107 Pioneer external burner.

Just finished burning with ver 2 and it is playing on my Sony now. Great program, like 321 Studio's but I think this program may burn some that I've had trouble burning with 321. I'm going to try anyway. I bought the program I liked it so much. And before the government tells THEM they can't sell this software.

5. crjo

crjo Member

I wish I could try it, but IT ONLY works with the internal superdrive !!
    I have an external DVD burner (pioneer 606), so I guess this isn't for me !
    Any word on the compression quality compared to DVDRemaster (best so far...by far)

thanks !

6. BOOGIEMAN

BOOGIEMAN Member

Mine works fine with both superdrive and external.

7. samintx

samintx Regular member

NO NO it works with an external drive. That is what I have but you need 10.3.3 I believe to run the program. Download it and try it. Not as fast as DVDXpress but then I run that on a 2800 gbyt Laptop and my iBook is only 900 mhz

8. samintx

samintx Regular member

As far as the quality it is every bit as good as DVDXpress which is perfect IMO. You will not be disappointed only that Macs are so darn slow.

9. Londor

Londor Guest

I will have to disagree with that. ;-)

10. samintx

samintx Regular member

I had a tower setup and sold it. It was faster than my iBooks but I still prefer PCs for certain things.

11. tonyg1133

tonyg1133 Member

macs are too darn slow? what are ya using? now, the fastdvdcopy program runs slow, but i am quite pleased with the perfomance of my IMAC SuperDrive. In fact, every morning i crank up the PC at work, I'm already missing my mac at home. To answer the fastdvdcopy question, I have just purchased 2.0.1. Good software, tech support M.I.A.,
    and I am having audio issues. (see my posting FAST DVD COPY 2.0.1 (audio "0") ) but as soon as I can get it resolved, I'll be pleased....

12. samintx

samintx Regular member

I had a Tower setup with the great display but sold it because Canapus/video/DVD was not good as I had expected it would be. Interesting if YOU find FastCopy slow on your machine. I thought it was just my 900 iBook. They are not fast on the draw on reponding, agreed. But a very good program for mac...the only game in town, in fact.

13. eyeball

eyeball Member

everytime i try to open fastdvdcopy it just quits right away. i've re-installed it multiple times and still can't figure out why its happening.
    any suggestions on what i'm doing wrong?
    thanks in advance,
    alex

14. samintx

samintx Regular member

can't imagine what is happening. 1 and 2 worked fine for me. You have to have 10.3.3

You need to tell us your system, DVD burner

15. eyeball

eyeball Member

yeah i guess more info would help.
    i have a recently purchased emac with superdrive and i am running osx 10.3.3.
    thanks again!

16. samintx

samintx Regular member

You should be OK then. You can see in the threads above what I running. Try it again. Version 2.0

17. eyeball

eyeball Member

well i never got it to work but i did succesfully copy using the back up, compress, burn method. it took a while but i'm happy i figured out how to do it.
    thanks for your help. maybe if tech support ever gets back to me i'll try dastdvdcopy again.

18. samintx

samintx Regular member

Cannot understand why it doesn't work for you. Everything is inplace...I can't think why an emac would be any different than an iBook or iMac...

19. eyeball

eyeball Member

i think it just hates me.

20. samintx

samintx Regular member

Well, I'm not a physcologistWell, I'm not a physiologist!! ;-)