1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dont have a 'get addons' option in kodi

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by clunky23, Jan 16, 2016.

1. clunky23

clunky23 Newbie

Hi. Been trying for 4 hours to play movies through showbox and watch sport through mobdro. I have come to the conclusion that i dont have a 'get addons' option when i download files. I have followed numerous threads on you tube to install fusion etc, but when it comes to the page and i have to choose the option 'get addons' i cant continue because the option isnt there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dan

2. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Clunky

First off mobdro and showbox are apps you need to have kodi installed , if your box came loaded then kodi is their , open kodi and go to video, video addons , what type of box have you got ?
    Paulie57. .....

3. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Clunky23 , when you open kodi scoll along the the task bar to video , highlight video , a drop down tag underneath video , should say video addons ., click on that for a list of addons , sorry for the above post i though you were trying to find kodi
    Cheers
    Paulie57. .....
    Ps have tried both showbox and mobdro and very hit and miss so I don't use them .

4. clunky23

clunky23 Newbie

Thanks. There are no addons on the video addons page either. I have opened showbox and i can see the movies available but when i open one to watch, it doesnt give me any options to view the movie. Are thier any other ways i can watch new movies and live sports other than showbox and mobdro if they are 'hit and miss'? I am new to all this and dont really know what im doing haha.

5. clunky23

clunky23 Newbie

Is a mxq box

Attached Files:

6. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

you need to install kodi and do some reading :)

7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

8. clunky23

clunky23 Newbie

It is all loaded with kodi etc.

9. Uparoundthebend

Uparoundthebend Member

Is yourkodi 15.2 isengard? Your box looks same as mine, 35quid off ebay. First one i got went kerplunk after 2 uses, remote wouldn't turn it on next time. Sent it back and got replacement. When i plugged replacement in and it started updating i must have pressed something cos after it all filled up the one addon i wanted (phoenix) wasnt on, i was gonna throw it in the bin but luckily a bit of googling and i found this forum. These folk on here know what theyre on about, im glad ive got the box now. Read piopats tutorial, thats what i did, think it was at 22 pages when i read it, every page. Im not saying youve not been stung with dud box, but if they can get me sorted with mine i reckon they can sort yours too for you!

10. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

hes sorted mate, we fixed him up lol

11. Uparoundthebend

Uparoundthebend Member

Glad to hear it lol.
    Tongs do you have any music addons? Daughters been asking what music you can get on it but ive only really used video addons so far. Are these boxes mainly about films/sports or is there any good music addons you use/recommend?

Also what controller do you use? I just have the little bog standard remote that came with the box, whats the best controller to use?

Also....another question if you don't mind....first box i had i took it a mates house one night then when i got back home the remote wouldn't turn it on so it was no use..sent it back for replacement. Are these boxes ok to be plugged and unplugged and moved around from tv to tv if you know what i mean or should they be left alone?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  12. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i dont bother with the music at all mate, i bought a wireless keyboard and mouse for mine mate its a lot easier than using the remote, you can also use wired keyboard/mouse as long as they are usb ones

13. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Upar like tongs don't really use the box for music , what I use instead of the mx box remote is the wifi dongle fly mouse remote , which has remote on one side and keyboard on the other side , found this great for navigating round the boxes , just point at the screen and move the arrow any way you want , flip it over to use the keyboard ...........
    Cheers
    Paulie57. ...........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-Wir...8&qid=1453600984&sr=8-5&keywords=Mouse+remote

14. piopat

piopat Active member

there are music addons for kodi such as mp3 player md3 player (md stands for mucky duck) and many more . both of these addons are exellent , they have a huge selection of music . i cant promise they will have every single singer/ group out there but still top addons . you get cds upon cds of top music .

there are a few addons for specific genres but the above two for me are the best general all around music genres