1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Layer?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by mpell, Nov 13, 2005.

1. mpell

mpell Guest

Hey mediaguru. First off, awesome guide. Second, im sorry if youve answered this already ( i dont have time to read all 12 pages), but the emac i just bought has a double layer burner. How does this change the copying process, if it even does? Thanks.

2. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

not media guru.. but i can help..

dual layer is to be able to burn a dual layer disc. (of course) which the dual layer disc lets you
    burn up to 8.5gbs... no need to compress the disc...

but of course dual layer dvds blanks are more expensive..

Last edited: Nov 14, 2005
  3. spoona

spoona Member

Hi lox,
    Probably a stupid question but if its dual layer burner does it HAVE to be dual layer disc?

Is it possible for an external dual layer burner to use standard 4.7gb single layer discs,or is it just that it runs better with dual layer discs?

4. mpell

mpell Guest

Thanks for the reply. Ill probably still get a compression program so ill be able to use single layer blanks. And no, the discs dont HAVE to be double layer. A double layer is capable off burning double layer but it burns single layer also....(right?)

5. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

you can burn single layer discs on the drive.. but if you want to do the dual layer stuff... then of course you need to get the dual layer blanks

6. mrmoe

mrmoe Member

What are you paying for dual layer blank discs?.....I've been either compressing with dvd2onex or splitting very large movies onto two discs.

7. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

on DL discs, the "sale price" these days are about $2/each U.S. currency, i would strongly suggest using the Verbatim branded ones with the media ID coded as per my signature...if you choose to try them of course~ :)

docTY~

i think i might be considered a "media-guru", however, that is not my name...LOL...i believe thelox714 can attest to that statement~ :)

have a good one

8. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

i can for sure attest to that..

i only used verbatim before.. but now i'm also buying TY's..

very very happy with my printables and my epson R300