1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading Mac the Ripper

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by draghib, Dec 16, 2004.

1. draghib

draghib Guest

Dear forum members and Mac users, I am absolutely new here and in the field of DVD recording, and to start with I don't seem to be able to download Mac the Ripper. I tried to do it quite a few times from different sites, and every time all I get is a long page of code in an Explorer window. If I save it, it becomes an Explorer file called mactheripper202.dmg, which refuses to mount or decompress or whatever I try to do with it (either in Mac OS X or in System 9). Thanks for any hints.

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Are you using internet explorer? Try safari. Also MTR doesn't work in os9.

3. draghib

draghib Guest

Yes, I know MTR doesn't work in system 9, I am just trying to download it in some way, in order to use it in OS X. But until now, no way (I tried Opera as well, same result).

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Instead of clicking directly on the download link, try hitting option at the same time. (if it's not option it's control or apple), then it should come up with a window with some selections like "download linked file" or something like that...

Good luck.