1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragon Burn overburning questions

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by mystery13, Nov 24, 2004.

1. mystery13

mystery13 Member

I have a few movies that are over 700 mb and toast wont burn them for me. Dragon burn will recognize the full 703.1mb but will also overburn a cd all the way to the edge of the media. I can understand this, what I cannot understand is how to make the damn thing work. I need to enable the overburn to burn a 703.2 mb xvid and a 709 mb divx. Does anyone have experience with this? Know how to enable the overburn?

I appreciate any help that you can give

2. Londor

Londor Guest

DragonBurn>Preferences>Overburn tab

3. mystery13

mystery13 Member

thanks lodor, but I should have explained that I had gotten that far already. I keep getting an error: ((05h, 26h, 00h), Illegal Request, Invalid field in parameter list. I get the same error no matter what time values I put in the fields in the overburn tab in prefs. I am sure that I am just missing something really simple. Any ideas?

Thanks

4. Londor

Londor Guest

Overburn is [bold]only[/bold] supported on certain CD recorders and only works when you use the Disk-At-Once (DAO) writing method.

5. mystery13

mystery13 Member

OK, so now we are getting to the heart of the matter. I know that my drive is supported, what exactly is DAO. I looked and couldnt find an explanation. This may be my prob. I am just taking a movie file from my desk top and dragging it into the burn window and clicking burn (with a cd in the drive obviously). Is this the way? I am really feeling stupid here but my desire to figure this out is greater than my desire to appear all knowing.

Thanks!

6. Londor

Londor Guest

7. nipponese

nipponese Member

Hey guy, what were your results with overburning in Dragon Burn? Have you, or do you know anyone that's damaged a CD/DVD unit from doing this?