1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

i dont know dreamboxy id have to look at the box it wont con to dreamup

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Are you sure its a null modem cable? FTP is easier either way.

3. dreamboxy

dreamboxy Member

How can i get it to you,
    although, would you be able to do anything if you cant see anything on screens.
    Some one should have put a reset button on the outside of the box!!!

4. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

your useing the same cable you used on the outher boxs ill have a think about it and get back to you

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Depends if it is hypercam you may need to delete keys in keys in SoftCam.Key. If it is using an earlier revision of mgcamd you may need to update the priority list.

6. dreamboxy

dreamboxy Member

Yes iv done several boxes with dreamup & null modem cable ,also ftp'd some files with crossover cable via the router, all no probs,
    its this particular box, not cables PC, or software problems as it all still works fine with other box.

7. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Hi guys,

Flashed two boxes: one working no problem - the other is stuck on solid green light and will not respond to the remote.

The only difference in the two processes was that I inadvertently used the NThell remote while seeking chanels on the box that's stuck.

Anybody got an opinion?

8. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

Hello Hadmad I can confirm it will connect to dreamup Open dreamup and when it tells you to switch on box pull electrical plug out and back in again and hey presto your away with the mixer

9. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

Hi Alf had the same problem today thought the box was f====d but looking at a film on it now Just have another go at flashing it if that doesnt work have another go

10. daithi55

daithi55 Regular member

nice to see ya got up and running tmck2 just to think the two of us wer clueless to this a few days ago and now we can give advise on it

to anyone trying to do this
    once ya keep at it yal get it so keep working away

11. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

Hi Daithi55 Ispent the last 2 days trying to flash one Igot on another thread(Irish backup)and each time I was missing the H1.06 main part of it Ithink it may be faulty because Idownloaded a few times That img one Martins backup was very good yes we obviously did learn a good deal about the dreambox Ihad that box lying around gathering dust for some time now A friend gave it to me for experiment Bye

12. NickNolte

NickNolte Member

On occasions BBC1 + 2, UTV, CH4, Sky1 + 2 are giving me blank screens. If I go to All Services, I can then get them. Annoying but at least better that the last few months.

13. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

im not sure im not having that but will look and see if i can do any thing

NickNolte what img are you using

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  14. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

15. sc1985

sc1985 Member

Hi, i dont know if anyone can help me, but i have not had any problem with my dreambox until 9pm Saturday night (just before the boxing!!!) where my box just stopped working and all power was lost on the box. The power cable leading into the box no longer works, so bought a replacement adapter which does work but when plugged into my dreambox, the light goes off on the adapter, with no power going into the box.

Does this mean my box is fried or is there a way in which i can get this fixed?

Many thanks for everyones help on here - id be lsot without you guys!

16. sheao

sheao Member

hi everybody, this is where im at with the fix, the day it was released i ftp'd the 3 files over, manually start hypercam and everything is fine,

its the issue of restarting hypercam manually i cant resolve, and been in total agreement with scouser about finding it out myself, if somebody could go into detail about editing the script so it starts automatically on reboot,

i dont want to just flash a working image, i got to where i am now by trying to learn as much as i can not only with dreambox but with many of the other boxs, i think i have a good knowledge of them all,

i dont understand how to use notepad to edit the script but im willing to learn and i could pass the info to other people aswell which is what its all about, i think.

many thanks.......

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thanks at least someone agrees with me :) Just do as I said here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/8/781186#4744784 edit it as per the link. Do not use notepad, I said use notepad+ , I currently use metapad.

Easier thing to do would be use the mgcamd fix that the Dbox is currently using, it works perfect on the DM500 also.

18. sheao

sheao Member

do i connect to the box using flash fxp, open up the script folder right click and rename as hypercam or am i way off the mark here,

sorry if it sounds silly i cant realy grasp it, probably one of those ones thats so easy its hard if you catch my drift,

many thanks for your reply scouser.

19. sheao

sheao Member

whats the differense in using the mgcamd fix, can i just ftp this straight over onto DK1.1, so no need to flash or back up bouquets or anything like that,

maybe i should concentrate on sorting the hypercam first and then try the mgcamd solution,

one step at a time im running away with myself.

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK we will stick with hypercam. You have almost got it ;) Presuming you are on DK1.1 as it has the right lib files. FTP to evocam script in var/script. Copy it to your desktop now using notepad+ or metapad, (both free just google them), re-click the script and open with one of the editors that you have choose. Notepad will work but best practice to use one of these editors.

Wherever you see evocam in the script change it to say hypercam. After changes in the script rename the evocam script to hypercam using the same file type extension.

FTP to box again, delete evocam script on the box and replace it with you new edited hypercam script. Reboot box and CAM with start.

Sounds like a lot but will only take a few minutes. No questions are silly some answers are though :)