1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD backup decryption error

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Virri, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Virri

Virri Member

I've been using DVD backup in combination with DVD2one X for some time now. Seems like the best combo to me. Only sometimes DVD backup gives decryption errors like this one "Failed to decrypt Video Title Set 2. Skip it and continue, or stop processing?" as displayed in the dialog box. Anyone know whats wrong or what I can do about it?
    Any help appreciated.

2. Snookie

Snookie Member

I've seen this too on a few discs. I get it all the time when i try to backup Attack of the Clones. I haven't been able to find a fix for it either nor know the cause of it. Hopefully someone might.

3. Virri

Virri Member

Too bad, a real shame. Usually things go really good with both apps. At first I was thinking it was some sort of copy protection, but it looks more like a bug to me.

4. sfierro

sfierro Guest

Is it a .BUP file? I had that problem but found out that .BUP is just abackup of the .IFO file. If it is the .BUP file, all you need to do is make a copy of the .IFO file and rename it. I hope this helps.

5. MANOS41

MANOS41 Member

I also have the same problem in some DVD's. Matrix is one of them. I believe it is a software bug and I hope a new version to solve it.

6. dkline00

dkline00 Member

I'm getting the error with my copy of Signs and Roger
    Rabbit. I sent the maker of DVD Backup an email, but I
    have not gotten a response. Is there any other new
    developments on this issue? Thanks

SFierro: it's not an .IFO or a .BUP file. It's a .VOB. I tried to
    backup the entire DVD then add the .VOB files and I get
    errors with DVD2one, not to mention the DVD player on
    my Mac won't play it. If I leave those files out the DVD
    player will play it if I skip ahead a couple of chapters. But
    DVD2one will not process the files because it says files
    are missing. AARRGGHH! Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2003
  7. highe5

highe5 Guest

I recently had a similar error message on DVD Backup doing Catch Me If You Can on a couple of VOB files. What I did was carry on with all the other files, then ejected the DVD (which was, incidentally, pretty badly scatched), wiped it a bit, re-inserted it, picked out the VOB files that didn't process before and did them again separately. This seemed to work fine - all I did then was put them in the VIDEO_TS folder with the other files. I hope this helps.

8. dkline00

dkline00 Member

The only option I've come up with is to click the skip button then when DVD Backup finishes, start DVD2one and just do a Movie Copy instead of a complete disk copy. I've been able to have success doing this with four or five movies so far. I've email the makers of DVD Backup, and havn't received a response, yet.

9. Sadam1971

Sadam1971 Member

I've encountered the same problem and I do agree with doing a movie copy instead of a full copy. You'll get the complete movie with all selected languages / subtitles, however there won't be a disc menu (happened ripping the Indiana Jones Box and then some).

Funny, I haven't had that problem with Attack of the Clones while another member of this board had one. There might be differences between regions (I am from RC-2 area). Another possibility is that rental DVDs are different from sold DVDs (my Attack of the Clones was a rental version).

10. highe5

highe5 Guest

I've also found using an alternative ripper usually works - there are at present 3 good rippers out there for Mac: DVD Backup, OSeX and a new freeware one called Hades, which you can find here:

http://www.ripdifferent.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=582

I've found that if one hangs, then another usually won't (unless the DVD is really badly scratched!)

11. Sadam1971

Sadam1971 Member

WHOOOOAAAAAA!!!!

Man, Hades is great. "Lost menu" issue is solved. Simple but effective tool. Spoken message tells you when rip is done. Very comfortable.

Recommended!