1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burning process stops working at 0%...please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smokyjoe, Dec 29, 2004.

1. smokyjoe

smokyjoe Member

I'VE GOT DVD SHRINK AND DVD DECRYPTER BUT BOTH PROGRAMS WONT LET ME BURN ANYTHING. I CAN COPY THE DVD TO MY COMPUTER AND ENCODE WITHOUT A PROBLEM BUT IT WONT LET ME BURN. I EITHER GET 1 OF 2 ERRORS EACH TIME...POWER CALIBRATION ERROR OR FOCUS OR TRACKING ERROR WHICH IS FOLLOWED BY THE "GENERATING DVD HIGH COMPATIBILITY BORDERS" PHASE. I ALSO DOWNLOADED THE NECESSARY FILES FOR THE ASPI. A FRIEND BOUGHT THE SAME DVD PLAYER AS I DID AND HIS WORKS FINE WITH THE 2 PROGRAMS. PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP ME???

i have a pacific digital mach 12
    im using dvd+r and dvd-r. the dvd box states that its support media types are dvd-rom, dvd single layer/dual layer, dvd+r/rw, dvd-r/rw, and a couple of cd formats
    burner is 12x but the blank dvds are 4x and 8x
    i used DVD Shrink to shrink and encode it then it tries to burn it automatically but it never passes 0%

2. rosspod

rosspod Member

joe, another word of advice, do not double post the same question in multiple threads. also dvd shrink is not a burning program. dvd shrink needs nero in order to burn for you. do you have nero installed?

also try these instructions in this thread : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/123312

3. smokyjoe

smokyjoe Member

i have nero smart start on my comp, it came with the dvd player and i clicked on burn with nero in the options menu, is there a certain version of nero i need. i just burnt a cd with the dvd burner with nero and there was no problem

4. rosspod

rosspod Member

after googling "power calibration error" i was able to find out this is most likely a media issue. caused by cheap media. i would go to comp usa and pick up some dvd rw media that way you arent wasting the oneshot -/+ r media.

good luck.
    ross

5. smokyjoe

smokyjoe Member

i read that thread u told me to read and it told me not to download incd, which i already did so i unistalled nero completely then only reinstalled nero and i just burnt my first dvd so im not a virgin anymore ... i love u guys and this forum