1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Cloner II DVDs stop at 44min?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Jackass!!, Dec 29, 2004.

1. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Without trying other proggys it is a snap to "love the one your with" as the song goes -

The next time you feel the urge, try using DVDFab -

http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-fab-platinum.htm

Then let me know what you think -

Pete

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  2. carven

carven Member

i tried selecting the split disc clone mode. however when the first cd was burned. how do i burn the second disc. im using a sony dvdr, its only 4.7gb.

3. mvtip

mvtip Guest

Hi all, just to let you guys know that DVD Cloner II is really DVD Shrink 3.17 (second to last version of what is out there).

There was a point where I was ripping a movie a for some reason DVD Shrink showed up and I have never installed the software before.

4. mvtip

mvtip Guest

Hi all, just to let you guys know that DVD Cloner II is really DVD Shrink 3.17 (second to last version of what is out there).

There was a point where I was ripping a movie a for some reason DVD Shrink showed up and I have never installed the software before.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi mvtip, welcome to aD,

Thank you mvtip for enlightening me to this fact.

Again, welcome aboard, and hang around for a while, you'll pickup a world of knowledge around here -

Pete

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  6. mvtip

mvtip Guest

Hi ScubaPete:

No, I've never downloaded DVD Shrink before I purchased DVD Cloner II.

You see what was showing up on my screen is Shrink 3.1 and not Shrink 3.2 when I use DVD Cloner II. I don't know but I believe what I'm seeing.

I was using DVD Cloner II exclusively for awhile until I found out Afterdawn. That was when I downloaded Shrink 3.2.0.15. Since then, I have used Shrink and Decrypter exclusively.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

This post has been edited as Cloner IS really DVD Shrink -

What a rip Huh guys - paying for a repackaged free program.

Guides for DVD Shrink are in my sig -

Pete

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  8. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I hate to inform you Pete and cause you extreme embarrassment, but mvtip is correct.

DVD Cloner II is a rip of DVD Shrink. It always has been. It is just a program with a GUI that runs DVD Shrink hidden and then burns the files that DVD Shrink makes. And if DVD Cloner II crashes you will see that DVD Shrink is there.

A picture of a crash showing that DVD Shrink was in fact encoding hidden in the background.
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=160183

DVD Cloner 2 : A Word Of Warning.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/92001

DVD-Cloner stole code from DVD Shrink??
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34350

DVD Cloner=DVD Shrink?
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32103

Don't buy this software DVD Cloner II.
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70436

The real question is why, when DVDShrink new about this about 2 years ago, why not fight this theft????

Why Nero also does not fight this theft????

Maybe it wasn't exactly theft???? Compensated theft????

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Veblin,

I am truly embarrassed and also deeply apologetic to mvtip as well I should be.

I had thought at one time, speaking with Denis, the subject was brought up BUT I believe it might have been that post you linked me too.

I would have thought that dvdshrink would have been all over them BUT I guess Denis didn't pass it on . . ? ?

Glad for the straightening out Veblin, I'll put a "stickie" on this "Puppy".

@ mvtip,

Once again mvtip - I am honestly and truly sorry for my "Bad" -

Bowing and scraping as I humbly exit the room . . . .

Pete

10. mvtip

mvtip Guest

No worries, ScubaPete. Apologies accepted.

It was so funny finding out about DVD Cloner II because when DVD shrink shows up, there is a message saying something like: This is freeware and any attempt to sell should be reported to the FCC.... Guess what...

Anyway, Shrink won't be updated anymore so the buck stops for the DVD Cloner people.

11. mvtip

mvtip Guest

Hmmm, I wonder about other one-clck transcoding tools!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2005
  12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

mvtip,

As someone who was a Beta tester for this last DVD Shrink - I can say that if it becomes too out-dated Mr DVDShrink will probably step in again. If any "Bugs" are found I can guarantee he'll fix them.

As far as the 1-click proggys, DVD Shrink is good for quite a while.

1. It's ripper can be supplemented by the use of DVDD - which is being constantly being updated OR DVD43 as many 1-click proggys for $$$$ already use.

2. With it's "Deep Analysis" and "Quality Controls" it a step ahead of many $$$$ 1-click proggys.

3. Many proggys that are sold don't come with burning proggys OR if they do ~ they can use only one. DVD Shrink can always use DVDD (totally free) PLUS it can use Nero OR CopyToDVD to burn VOB files.

The bottom line,

Using DVDD OR DVD43 with DVD Shrink does the same job as most professional proggys and DVDD and DVD43 are being updated.

I think the $$$$ programs have a way to go to beat Shrink and DVDD (or DVD43).

They aren't "Out of luck" just yet. When they can't keep up, what will it matter ? They made a ton of money anyway -

Life sucks doesn't it ?

Cheers,

Pete

13. NuBbZ

NuBbZ Member

im looking for a dvd burning program i herd a lot of bad about dvd cloner2 and i really dont feel like spending my money on something that is not going to work i am a newb when it comes to this i dont really know anything and i dont know what programs are good and what if any one can help me maybe like a guide to help me or something i would really appreciate it thanks
    -justin

14. recondo

recondo Guest

NuBbz,
    You might want to download and try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter both are excellent programs and they are free,as far as guides well just search this site for scubapetes dvd shrink guide or something like that because he has a very good guideon the programs.

Good Luck!

15. NuBbZ

NuBbZ Member

thanks recondo

will it fit all on one disc or 2 doesnt it depend on the size of the movie ?

16. NuBbZ

NuBbZ Member

i Cant find any guides for how to use shrink by scubapete

17. recondo

recondo Guest

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Guys,

I have all the guides you want, Check my sig

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  19. NuBbZ

NuBbZ Member

ScubaPete your guide is awsome im newb with this dvd burning and your guide was so easy to understand and do thank you a lot but how do you burn movies that you download off the net ?? thanks again with the awsome guide and thank you recondo with your help
    -justin

20. NuBbZ

NuBbZ Member

wow im so glad i look at this forum before buying a dvd burning program i found out that there are programs that are free :] saved money dont we all like that dvd shrink and dvd decrypter and ScubaPete guide are great !!