Dvd drive issues with xbox softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by dalecore, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dalecore

dalecore Regular member

Some of you may have remembered my little hard drive problem a while ago.
    Little reminder hehe.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/664536

Any way I didn't metion it cause I didn't think it was causing problems but after I installed the hdd my dvd drive seemed to act wierd

There was one game cd in particular that I was playing just fine before I changed my hdd. Once the hdd got changed thats when I started running into these dvd drive problems.

I thought maybe I was not burning the cd properly but that is not the case because I put the same cd in my hard modded xbox and it ran fine.

I know what everyone is thinking but because of the hdd swap I was wondering if maybe that could have caused a problem. I need to know these things so if it happens again I know what to look for.

2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

you should describe "weird" because there are a number of things the dvd drives do when they start to fail.

3. dalecore

dalecore Regular member

Basicly the drive will play what it wants to play. It played most of the backup games just fine. When it comes to regular dvds it doens't even want to play those. My backup movies it will go to the menu and then when your ready to play it will just pause. As for the dvd I was referring to its basicly an emulator disc and that will boot up sometimes but thats as far as it goes when I tried to play something it would basicly go back to the loading screen. I just found it funny that right after I did the hard drive I start running into these problems.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.