1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Imager 1.2

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by exekias, Aug 6, 2004.

1. exekias

exekias Member

I have just downloaded DVD Imager 1.2 (iMac g4 flat screen, 10.3.4), and when I drop a Video_TS folder (ripped with DVD Backup) on the Imager icon, I immediately get a "the operation has been cancelled" message.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

2. Londor

Londor Guest

How big is the VIDEO_TS folder? It should be under 4.34 GB.

3. exekias

exekias Member

The file is 4.32 GB. When I look at DVD Imager in disk utility, I can only verify the disk (which checks out OK,) the Verify Disk Permissions is greyed-out, and its capacity is given as 3.6 MB, with 1.7 MB available and 1.8 MB used for 41 files. Huh? No wonder it won't accept the Video folder; but why so little capacity and where did those files come from?

4. Londor

Londor Guest

To start you can only verify and repair the disk permissions of your boot drive.

When you download DVD Imager tou get .sit file. If you double-click on it you get DVD_Imager1.2.dmg (this is what you are trying to look up with Disk Utility). What you have to do is forget about Disk Utility and double-click on the DVD_Imager1.2.dmg on your desktop to mount it. Once this is done a finder window will come up with its contents (Readme file, source folder and DVD Imager application). You only have to drag the DVD Imager app. to your applications folder. Once you do that you can eject the DVD_Imager1.2 volume mounted on your Desktop.
    To use DVD Imager application you only have to double-click on its icon in the Applications folder and the application will open. Now drag the video_ts folder to the top part of the DVD Imager window and click on create image.

5. exekias

exekias Member

I went through the steps exactly as outlined and I still get "the operation has been cancelled."

Thanks for the help; I was trying to find something besides Toast 5 ---which will only give me Mac os extended cd burns---but I guess I'll go back and wrestle that 'gator some more.

6. Londor

Londor Guest

Check whether the is a problem with the VIDEO_TS folder you are trying to use in DVD Imager by manually opening it in DVDPlayer (open DVDPlayer, click on File/Open VIDEO_TS folder, navigate to it and choose it. Press play) Does it work?

7. exekias

exekias Member

I appreciate you sticking with this, I'd like to get it solved, too. So far I've made abt 6 coasters---fujifilm DVD-R---with Toast 5.3.1. All the coasters have a VIDEO_TS folder that will play in DVD Player 4.0, but only after I drag the folder to Documents; the drive in the iMac says "not permitted." Oh yeah, I have a combo drive, not super, and I am burning with a Plextor 708UF. The coasters won't play on any other DVD players I or friends have tried. But none of this explains why I can't get DVD Imager to take the freakin' VIDEO_TS folder in the first place.

8. Londor

Londor Guest

Are you burning the DVDs as DVD-ROM (UDF) using a DVD-R (not DVD-RW, DVD+R or DVD+RW)?

I do not know why DVD Imager is not accepting the VIDEO_TS folder but you can contact the developer for support llee@lonestar.utsa.edu

9. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

You don't need to make coasters. You can use DVD Player to check and make sure they play ok first...

10. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

would the dvd player also be able to play the image files?

11. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

If you mount the image file on your computer, then dvd player should be able to play it.