1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD plays on computer but now DVD player only when I burn from the Browse File button

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cliffale, Nov 25, 2004.

1. cliffale

cliffale Member

I have DVDXCOPY 4.0.4.15 and when I directly copy a DVD from a DVD it works perfectly. But if I use the browse feature and burn a disc from DVD files, it will play fine on the computer but my DVD player on the TV says it can't play that type of disc. I'm using the same discs in all instances and my computer and my DVD player on the TV can read them fine, just the TV's DVD player won't read it if created using the Browse feature on DVDXCOPY. Weird -- because the same disc plays fine on the computer. Can anyone help? I'm wasting DVDs here trying things.

Very appreciative,

cliffale

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

why not get a regular program like nero and do a disc copy?

dvdxcopy is not really made for burning a copy of a copy

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there cliffale, welcome to aD,

Sure, if you recall, 321 was waging a war for the backing up of DVD's and one of their pluses was you couldn't make a copy of a copy with their s/w. HOWEVER, you can use any other proggy to copy an XCopy copy.

My suggestion, use DVD Decrypter. Mode ISO Read then Mode ISO Write . In one side and out the other.

I hope you're getting rid of that anoying warning screen - if not, use this, 321 GONE ! and that will get rid of it -

Here ya are - http://psidoc0.tripod.com/

When you have some free time, play with these proggys (FREE) and these guides - they do an excellent job and do it with much better quality than XCopy. Yes, it takes much longer but it's sooo much nicer - there are 3 different guides - all of them super -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/105641

Let me know what you think -

Cheers,

Pete

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Why spend $69.99 when DVD Decrypter will do as good a job for free ???