1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Rebuilder output Files larger than can be burnt

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by striker27, Aug 21, 2005.

1. striker27

striker27 Member

Hi i am using DVD-RB V0.93 with CCE SP, i have been having problems with the output files. Whenever i try to encode a DVD that is larger than 7.4GB the end product after using DVD-RB is always 4.44GB which cannot be burnt because it is too large. This has happened on 3 movies so far and all are over 7.4GB, can anyone help me with this??
    I never use to have this problem using earlier versions of the software.

2. HKT3020

HKT3020 Regular member

3. webhedreg

webhedreg Guest

I,m using the same version. Have not changed any size settings but my outputs are always 4.32 GB so not sure why your has the increased size, maybe look at the 'rebuilder.ini' file to check the output sector size is at its default and not over 2297888.

4. striker27

striker27 Member

Thanks alot guys,i will post my question in the other thread.
    I have tried to look at the rebuilder.ini file and cant see any sector size numbers, here is the content of my rebuilder.ini file.

[Options]
    SkinVersion=3
    Skin=Rockas Original
    CCE=1
    QuEncHQ=1
    ReduceOpt=3
    Mode=1
    HalfD1=00000
    Convert_16_9=00000
    DisableInterlace=00000
    OneClick=1
    Completed=1
    [Paths]
    CCENEW=C:\Program Files\Cinema Craft Encoder SP v2.67.00.27\cctsp.exe
    MPEG2DEC=C:\Documents and Settings\Striker\My Documents\Apps\DVDrebuilder9\MPEG2Dec3dg.dll
    Source=C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\STRIKER\MY DOCUMENTS\DVDMOVIES\TAXI\
    Working=C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\STRIKER\MY DOCUMENTS\DVDMOVIES_COMPLETED\TAXI\
    Output=C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\STRIKER\MY DOCUMENTS\DVDMOVIES_COMPLETED\TAXI\
    [CCEOptions]
    VBR_bias=25
    Quality_prec=16
    eclPasses=4
    [Audio]
    Selected=10111
    [Subpictures]
    Selected=101111

5. qwik4a6

qwik4a6 Guest

Try re-installing it...along with CCE.

See what happens..

6. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

This isn't a source size issue necessarily and re-installing the software will not change his problem. A quick solution would be rip it a second time but this doesn't always work and is really an improper approach. It did work for me on one of my Metallica DVD’s.

On my Metallica’s Cumming Stunts DVD disc 1 I had that problem, which is around 8GB but it doesn’t happen on any of my TNG Season discs which are around the same size.

It seems to me that you can change the bit rate to a lower number which will decrease the output size but also will provide less quality in picture. I haven’t tried this yet but it should work. For CCE you can adjust this under the DVD-RB Options/CCE Options/Advanced (Expert) Settings.

From the CCE manual:
    Bitrate
    Bitrate indicates bits per second. The higher the bitrate, the better
    the quality but larger the file size. (1 kilo bits is regarded as 1,000
    bits.)

For example, if the average bitrate is 6,000 kbits/sec and the movie
    length is 2 hours, the file size of encoded video elementary stream is:

2 × 60 × 60 × 6000 × 1000 ÷8 = 5, 400, 000, 000 bytes
    (To convert from bits to bytes, it is divided by 8.)

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  8. UncasMS

UncasMS Regular member

@ mr-movies

cunning stunts is a special case, since it contains ilvu

a freeware rebuilder version cannot handle this kind of input

in case striker27's dvds all contain multiangle/ilvu as well, it wouldnt really surprise too much when output size gets slightly too big

9. l8nights

l8nights Guest

@ uncasns do diff. encoders have dif affects w/ interleaving
    before I bought pro version I was able to do hide&seek w/ multi-angles it did take several hrs (close to eight!!) but the copy played w/out a hitch I used the quenc on that one just wondering as this is already included in the installer and might be an option for ilvu

@striker27 also I've heard report of not stealing from extras helping on certain movies that are finalized as to big you might give that a go.

peace!!

10. UncasMS

UncasMS Regular member

no

rb decides which segment to encode with which bitrate

ilvu segments stay untouched with freeware versions (another good reason to donate btw)

thus it is of absolutely no importance if you uce cce, hc, nuenc, freeenc, quenc, procoder .... to NOT encode ilvu segments and have the rest encoded way more

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

UncasMS

You're right regarding encoders/transcoders but I seem to recall that .93 has (although not comprehensive) ILUV support. In fact ILUV support if I remember correctly began in the the 6X versions. Of course I'm a contributor and recommend that all who enjoys RB to also contribute, it's a small price to pay for all the added benefits.

12. UncasMS

UncasMS Regular member

it is true, sophocles, that earlier versions of rb were able to handle ilvu INPUT but they did not touch ilvu segments at all

those segments are just copied - not encoded at all

and this is still the case for all freeware versions - ilvu segments stay as they are

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

UncasMS

You're probably right and I can't debate the point since I'm a long time contributor, well over a year. Your AKA is familiar (digital video forums). I'm a member but I haven't been there for months. I tried to introduce RB to the forum last summer during the DVD Shrink beta testing which only seemed to anger members so I left. How's ddlooping? I haven't seen him around for some time.

14. UncasMS

UncasMS Regular member

to tell you the truth i havent seen much of ddlooping lately

quite a few things have changed at ddigest and i would really appreciate it, if you took the time to pop in and take a look and judge for yourself

you're more than welcome to contribute (on rb or anything else)

take care

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

UncasMS

I'll pop by and see if I can remember my login info. Cheers

16. Mr-Movies

Mr-Movies Active member

Didn't know that multi-angle wasn't handled in DVD-RB beta and at the time I wasn't a contributor but am now so I'll try the new version of Pro and see if I get better results. I used beta 0.86 originally to transcode which overall works great with ProCoder 2 and CCE encoders. It was 8 to 12 hours in Rebuilder using ProCoder and about half the time in CCE. I love ProCoder even though the time is so extensive much sharper/crisper reproduction.

Thanks much for the good feedback and education

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005