1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd rips pause during playback

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by lovemymac, Dec 16, 2004.

1. lovemymac

lovemymac Guest

i am using a imacs g3 500mhz and am ripping using mactheripper and then compressing using either dvd2onex or dvdremaster. somr of my dvds seem to pause at different points or some of the pauses freeze and the picture seems to shake or be jittery and then sometimes it will go on after a couple seconds sometimes not. some dvds turn out ok others turn out really bad and pause every few seconds. i use either verbatium or tdk dvd-r. what am i doing wrong? all my first dvds turned out great but latley they seem to not turn out so well so i dont know whats going on. any ideas?

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Sounds like media related issues to me. Even though some media may burn on your burner it may not be compatible with your player. And don't be fooled into thinking that TDK or some other brand you bought 6 months ago is the same media today. All those companies oem and buy from different manufacturers or suppliers.

-Try different media
    -Try different burn speed (slower)