1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2OneX; movie stops playing at very end

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by johnferg, Jul 23, 2003.

1. johnferg

johnferg Member

On two of my dvds that I have copied using the DVDbackup->DVD2OneX->Toast method I have encountered a problem with the dvd starting to pause at the very end of the movie. I'm not sure if DVD2OneX or DVDbackup is causing this (I know it is not toast), but i was wondering if anybody else has encountered this problem. I am running no other software while any of the programs are running and I have a G4 Powerbook with 1Ghz 1G Ram. I have not recieved any errors from these programs either.

John

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

What media are you using? Because when I tried Princo discs, when it got to the end of the movie it would say the disc is unreadable. So I'm gussing the edges of the discs suck, which is why i'm never using Princo again.

3. johnferg

johnferg Member

I am actually using Princo. I have never had this problem before, but then again I have just started using a program that compresses a dvd to exactly the capacity of the discs. That sounds like a very logical answer though. What media do you use? Thanks for your input.
    john

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I'm using TDK and RitekG03(labeled as Fuji) and have no problems. As for the Princo, I was able to copy them from the Princo to TDK and they work fine now.

5. Marcela

Marcela Guest

I find a solution to this problem. In my case the dvds that I have copied freeze after an hour of playing.
    The problem was the paper labels that I add to the disc. When I remove the labels the discs works fine. I am using Princo, recorded at 1x, whitout problems.
    Sorry, my english is very bad.

Marcela

6. JonB

JonB Member

I had the same problem with one of my movies and I found out that Toast was creating all the problems.. When verifying the disc it stopped somewhere around 80%...this was a one time error though..But be sure to verify the discs after you burn them...Toast will verify them automatically if you donĀ“t push eject when the disc has been burned but not veryfied. Any help?

7. davidinaz

davidinaz Member

I have been using generic discs from CompUSA and have not had a problem with any of the 20 movies that I copied, I just got some TDK discs and have made 3 coasters from partialy copied movies.