1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2OneX or DVDRemaster?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Niltac, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Niltac

Niltac Member

So which one works better for what? What are the advantages to each? Is one better for burning tv series (and movies)? Or is there another compressor that people recommend that works with Mac The Ripper and Toast?
    Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. champong

champong Member

Both of them you have to pay for to use the full features. But
    DVDRemaster's trial version, you can use to compress full
    content with no options. It will mark their logo in the middle
    of the screen every 5 min or so throughout the movie

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  3. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

I've used both extensively. The quality of both is great.

Remaster is good for compressing the whole disc. It has a feature that actually recompresses the video and it results in awesome quality. This does however take a LONG time. My dual G5/2.0 is a fast f'ing machine and it takes about 4 hours to recompress. If you have a G3 or a slow G4 forget it. It would take 20+ hours.

Dvd2OneX is MUCH faster. The same full disc compression would take about 15 min on the same machine (45min on a g4/400) though the quality may be slightly lower (but it is still great). If I do title only my dual G5 takes literally 4 minutes! Dvd2Onex does have many other features that allow you to compress just the main feature which allows you to get rid of the extras and previews. This will help quality wise because you can use more data for the movie and not the extras. You can also join multipe items together such as a disc with 4 tv series items that you wish to join together 2 or 3 for 1 disc. You can also join two completely different movies if you wanted to, but obviously the quality would reduce the more you do.

If you can afford it I'd get both. Otherwise if you can only afford one, it would be dvd2onex for now because it has more other features.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005