1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd2onex problem

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by sarahvita, Feb 8, 2005.

1. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

i realized my problem from an earlier attempt... now i am trying again i ripped fine with macthripper but now i am trying to compress with dvd2onex and i must be really out there because i dont know how to get the start button to hilight..i cant drag and drp anything into the titles list..the file i ripped with mac the ripper.. what do i do.
    yes i read the tutorial and it says to just press start but i cant it is in the gray zone..eeek

2. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

ok so i am a little slow.. i switched the souce to the video ts folder instead of the whole folder audio included and now i can press start.. do i need the audio folder in there even if it is empty?

3. vantrells

vantrells Member

when i've used dvd2one, all i do is select the video ts folder and that's it. when dvd2one asks where you want to save it to, i just make a new folder on my desktop and put the compressed files in there. when you open the compressed folder up after it's finished, you will see that it "magically" made a new audio folder. i just then burn those two folders and my dvd's have turned out just fine.

4. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

i cant seem to make the audio file appear in toast. So i just make a new empty file.
    also I am haveing trouble with the subtitles. i just ripped again to see if I did something wrong in the beginning.. In dvd2one I selected subtitles in the audio subtitle area but nothing when I play it back, so I started over again..

5. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

when I am compressing, to make subtitles work, do i have to select whole disk copy, or does it work with movie only?

6. vantrells

vantrells Member

i've only been messing around with backing up dvd's for a little bit now and all i've really ever done is a full disk extraction with mactheripper and a full disk compress with dvd2one. (except on the one aarccos disk i ran across i used MTR and popcorn) all the disks i've made have had all their features work. i know that it sometimes compresses the snot out of a movie but i really don't mind. i've got to go to work now so i don't have time to try it out, but maybe you could try to rip it both ways and see which one gives you what you need. (i did read somewhere, i think, that sometimes dvd2one doesn't like files from MTR that are movie only.)

7. xaosai

xaosai Member

Make sure you are ripping the entire disk in MTR. Use dvdplayer to test your videots folder after each step to find where your problem is.

8. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

I finnaly figured it out..thanks for all you help anyway ..i had to compress the entire movie in dvd2one, i was doing movie only..i thought it would work that way.. but it doesnt.. can you tell when a movie is compressed? i am playibg the movie i burned and i cant tell the difference...thanks again

9. xaosai

xaosai Member

Higher compression means lower quality. You should be able to compress movie only in dvd2onex and retain subtitles.

10. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

i tried a few times to do movie only but the subtitles were never there. i checked the boxes next to english subtitles but nothing worked did i do something wrong

11. xaosai

xaosai Member

I don't know bc I can't see everything you are doing. Make sure you have the latest version of dvd2onex. I rip a lot of anime w/english subs and I never have any trouble. Try a different dvd and make sure it's not just a weird dvd problem.

12. sarahvita

sarahvita Member

its Amelie, you have to choose subtitles from the main menu.. maybe that is why. Because with movie only you dont get a main menu.

13. xaosai

xaosai Member

Have you checked all titles? Most current dvds use digital subs, but i guess its possible there could be a separate title with subs.