1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2oneX

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Walter311, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Walter311

Walter311 Guest

What license code can I use for DVD2oneX?

2. Londor

Londor Guest

The one you get when you buy it.

3. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Hey Londor, what G5 do you have?

4. Londor

Londor Guest

I ordered the 1.8 DP (8 Ram slots / PCI-X) with the internal bluetooth, the 9600 Pro card, iSight, Logitech Z-580 speakers and a 20" Cinema Display the day it was released. Very happy with the system though I am thinking of upgrading the video card to the new X800.

5. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Reason I asked is I have a dual 2.0. I have the dreaded "chirping" noise. I can't get rid of it. This is a killer machine, but it is too noisy for pro audio. I want to have apple fix it, but those who have sent it in have had no decent results.

6. Londor

Londor Guest

I can hear a very, very low "chirping" noise coming off the power supply (never through the speakers) when running the screen saver "Fluid", performing a search in Finder or when I installed Virex 7.5 which I removed when Apple stop offering it to the .Mac subscribers because of the numerous complaints about its performance. Under no other circumstances I can/could hear the "chirping".

Having said that I will tell you that under the same circumstances I can also hear the "chirping" noise on my old iMac G4 15" Superdrive.

In both cases the noise is so low that is never bothersome to me.

You could always download the CHUD Developer Tools and disable NAP in the System Preferences Panel which completely kills the "chirping".

7. Londor

Londor Guest

8. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Well my noise is so bad it bleeds through my studio system even when the mac's audio outs (or firewire audio outs) are not even plugged in. It got even worse when I installed a new yamaha O1X which uses mlan. Man noisy as hell.

I put a call into apple and they started up a case# and said they could replace the power supply. All of the articles I've read say that doesn't work.....

SO:

LONDOR I sincerely THANK YOU for your tip. I had to install the developer tools and then chud 3.xx. Now I can hit that little "nap" button and bingo the noise goes away. I was so close to bailing on this machine. In a pro audio environment you can't have terrible noise!

I did notice the cooling fans geared up slightly but it is worth it.

Once again thank you. If you are ever in my town (or I in yours) will buy you a frosty beverage of your choice.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  9. Londor

Londor Guest

10. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Good info. I'm well versed in ground issues and I had the system hum free.

Thanks again.

Quietly yours,

MG