1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDSP

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Jovi_Guy, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Jovi_Guy

Jovi_Guy Member

Can anyone help me with DVD Studio Pro questions?? If not do you know of any forums for idiots :))

Thanks

Wayne

2. buglalobo

buglalobo Member

Im not an expert but Ive been using it to author DVDs that im ripping, reencoding to backup. What questions do you have in particular?

3. Jovi_Guy

Jovi_Guy Member

Hope you can help :))

I've got a 2 hour piece (plus menus) that needs to go on DVD, I'm not sure on the bitrate or anything else I need to use to get something that size onto DVD. It's an edited piece from Final Cut Pro ..... and then I can try to figure out how to do menus etc ... looks pretty hard to use!!!!

Thanks in advance

Wayne

4. buglalobo

buglalobo Member

a DVD-R is 4.37 GB. There are numerous bitrate calculators online. Try search good or versiontracker.com for a OSX compatible one. Always leave 300mb extra when calculating what bit rate your going to use (leave 400 more if your not including sound calculations).

Once you get into DVDSP just create a new track. Select file->import and import in the audio and visual tracks you need. Drag those onto the track. Next create a new menu. You can then import a photoshop image in. Then build disc and burn.

DVDSP take a little getting used to, but its really not too bad. I recommend you look for some tutorials online or buy a book, if you want to get the most out of it possible.