1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy Plat vs. DVD Shrink? Opinions?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Floydio, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Floydio

Floydio Member

Hey there. Just looking for anyone who has experience with both progs. I have just started using DVDShrink and find it quite good so far. Wondering if there is any reason to PAY for XCopy Platinum if DVDShrink does the same things!!! ?

Can't believe the $130 price tag of Xcopy Plat vs. the freeware of DVDShrink! Wondered what other people thought.

-Floyd

2. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

Hey Floydio. STAY with DVD Shrink. DVD XCopy isn't that great. If you still wanna try it, I would download it and crack it. Save yourself the 130 bucks. Because you'll just want to uninstall it after you use it. On the movie it puts a 321 Studios thing on there or about 10 sec. I guess its not that annoying but if you want a true 1:1 copy stay with DVD Shrink and/or DVD Decrypter and burn with Nero 6. Look at my signature and thats what I use. The end product is great and region free.

3. al92lt1

al92lt1 Member

I have both and DVD Xcopy gets worse with each upgrade. DVD Shrink is pretty good, but the best I have found so far is NERO RECODE, no coasters at all.

4. ozy

ozy Regular member

Shrink is by far better than dvdxcopy, xpress and platinum. I made so many coasters it was'nt funny. I have not made a single coaster with snrink yet. Another program which is'nt too bad is clonedvd but like dvdxcopy it is,nt free and you need dvddecrypter to rip the files from disk. All in all I rate shrink 9.5/10.

5. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Any body had problems making copies of your copies with DVDxCopy.I get down to the last few million bytes & it stops writing & I've got a ruined Disk

6. al92lt1

al92lt1 Member

Hi Rick,
    I had that same problem. As I said each upgrade is worse and worse. DVD X COPY stinks now. I have been having great results with DVD Shrink and then burning with NERO, but the ultimate is to use NERO's RECODE II-it is the best! If anybody want DVD X COPY Platinum, just let me know and I'll sell you my registration code.

7. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

My problem is I have a friend who has a lot of movies made with DVD Xcopy. & I can't copy the movies
    I've tried 3 movies & they all do the same,copy down to the last few mega-byte.Then shows some kind of error,so the disk is ruined.I'm not interested in DVD X Copy,I don't like it.I would just like to have some of his movies.
    By the By he now uses DVD Shrink

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2004
  8. al92lt1

al92lt1 Member

That's right, you can't copy a DVD made with DVD X Copy.

9. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

No way to crack ???

10. al92lt1

al92lt1 Member

11. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Ya I read it! Now all i got to do is get some DVD's from my friend & try.In the mean time I installed AnyDVD man o man it really works took out all the spooks.Don't really know if it helps W/DVD Shrink cause it does the same.tried Nero recode went to 88% & Disk failure.used DVD Shrink TheVerySameDisk.Worked just fine 100%.Oh YA it was a R/W Disk Took 42 Min. Decode & Burn. Can't watch the movie that short of time

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2004
  12. al92lt1

al92lt1 Member

Rick,
    Make sure you are using the latest version of Nero Recode, they made a lot of improvements and there is a new upgrade almost monthly.

13. driizzt

driizzt Member

Hey all........Y E S it is possible to burn additional copies from burned dvdxcopy movies.....from ur burned movie ,explore disc, copy the sound and video files only to somewhere in my docs or wherever, then use ANY burning software to make ur additional copy ....and the plus side is once u have made that copy dvdxcopy sees it as an origonal.......

14. XP1

XP1 Member

Run and use both these programs. Anyone telling you that shrink is better is crazy!! Shrink is ok but definately not better than Xcopy they are saying this because they most likely have junk burners or bad DVDR disc. You will get to the finalize and get an error if your burner is a cheap HiVal you sometimes will be making coasters or you have replaced burners Xcopy will not work have to reload it so it can see the new one. Want to burn use a real burner like Sony they been in the business long enough to make a good product. I am stating all this from personal trial and error with both burners and both Xcopy and Shrink. Now if you really just cant stand the 321 screen for the 10 seconds its there then use Xcopy to decrypt and know where the temp files go meaning the TS folders go in there move the folders to another folder delete the Text file that Xcopy places in there shut Xcopy down and have DVD Shrink backup and burn the copy. Now that solves the 321 text screen issue and you have wasted all of 15 seconds transferring to a folder and have a reproduct with no pop up.DVD decrypter good for a full format of a RW bout all I use it for was not inpressed with it because Xcopy decrypts just fine. Only coasters I have made with Xcopy were my own fault for not reloading the Xcopy after a DVD Burner change.

15. taclark

taclark Guest

The only advantage that I've had with DVD X Copy platinum is with the included disk rescue program that can amazingly copy damaged disks. Other than that, I prefer decrypter and shrink.

16. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Got news for u pal HiVal is just a Generic Lite-On,which is a very good burner.
    A H%ll of a lot of trouble cause u state &then use Shrink.If u gonna use shrink why use DVDx

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2004
  17. chicowrx

chicowrx Member

Hey I'm new to this forum and am looking for an alternative to x copy platinum because its not working that great for me right now.. one question that I had for anyone who can help is ... will it be a problem to write a movie to a dvd+r in nero.. everything that I read here talks about dvd-r... Thanks for any help on this.

Tim

18. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

chicowrx, I'd suggest you view some of the guides at http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php to get you started.

They are animated, interactive and very user-friendly.

You should not have any problem writting to DVD+R with Nero, as long as your drive is supported (99% chance it is). ;)

19. chicowrx

chicowrx Member

Thanks for the quick help, I really appreciate it! I'll read through it all and see how it goes. Does it matter what nero 6 I'm using? like express or not?

Thanks

20. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

No, it shouldn't matter as long as you use the latest version. ;)