1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error 16 msg on boot- (any ideas how to fix?)(fixed)new error- eva dash gone? default ms back- cant reinstall softmod?? screen goes white

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bpk, Aug 13, 2007.

1. bpk

bpk Member

hi- im new to the forums and iv being looking around google to find some support for my problem and got this site- u talk alot about xbox which is cool, i softmodded my xbox before and worked well- i did the splintercell memorycard softmode, now i have a xbox360 but theres some games that are not compatible for xbox360, so i blew off the cobwebs of my normal xbox and booted it up- i have an error 16 msg with a msg saying "service required. call customer support" its put of date now and i wanted to know can i repair it? can i remove the hdd and connect it to my pc some how? please help me- thank you

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

My tutorials explain how to fix Error 16!

3. bpk

bpk Member

i tried taking out the hdd and disconnectiong ird cables before it boots and connecting it to pc- it didnt work-

Error 13\14\15: Dashboard Failure. Either 'Hotswap' or rebuild HDD.

Error 16: Same as above, however, if 'Hotswapping' unplug the DVD drive and allow the Error 12 to appear, then continue as normal.
    *I have been getting more and more reports on success for Error 16 via 'xboxhdm' hotswapping.
    Basically, build the 'xboxhdm' CD without an eeprom. Insert it into your PC and load to the first screen. Induce the Error 12 on the Xbox, unplug the IDE cable from the XBox HDD and plug the HDD into the PC. Then just rebuild the drive.

can i do it if i dont have it modded? or it doesnt show the white xbox logo on bootup...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  4. bpk

bpk Member

hey how do i know if my motherboard has 2 ide slots- i have it opened now, its a ibm netvista- its old but it runs good... do u have a pictures of the hotswap?

5. bpk

bpk Member

rite i found the default ide cable(pc)- thats the 1 going to hdd rite, but there doesnt seem to be a free 1 beside it, i can only see the cd drvie cabe, it is rite beside- is this the second ide cable? do i plug the xbox into this 1.

6. bpk

bpk Member

ok i rebooted the pc- and paused breaked it on bootup, and then i booted up xbox, and just before it came to error msg i pluged out the hdd ide cable and inserted the pc 2nd ide cable, not the xbox is still on my tv screen and it is showing a new error msgp error msg 12. i restared my pc and it found new hardware, but i cant seem to find any way to acces the xbox? is there a hdd somewhere???? some1 help please im so near i think.

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

8. bpk

bpk Member

i tried and failed- done everything in the ur walkthrough, pc booted tried that explorer file- looked for the hdd all i got was a error- something about fat32???? is there a xbox recovery disk like what this guy has here on this video..........

9. bpk

bpk Member

xbox recovery cd- im gona try this when its downloaded. 143mb- ill try anything to fix it.

10. bpk

bpk Member

yes i got it working again- that cd worked great, this sit should download it and let people use also, my xbox was broke along time now its back working again, now i can play my uncampatible games

11. bpk

bpk Member

rite i installed the splintercell softmod auto installer SID 4.0 and SIS 5.0.1 but they are all black and white- no color, im using unleashx v0.38 what will i do?

12. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You need 'Enigma Video Encoder' to switch between PAL\NTSC.

13. bpk

bpk Member

can you tell me where do i download Enigma Video Encoder- iv also tried loking for SID 4.5 just to see if that wors.

14. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Get it from Xbins, but see if you can get hold of AID v4.01 or 4.02, that will install it for you!

It might be on the Slayers disc too...

15. bpk

bpk Member

is slayers disk here on this site to download?

16. bpk

bpk Member

where can i find these iv been looking- some sites give a slayer install but u need tobe vip? what can i do man to finish my dash install off- i mean repair color. thanks

17. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Torrents sites will give you the links for AID and Slayers...

18. bpk

bpk Member

cant get them on toorents sites. any1 else got them to share- just wana try it to see if it will correct my color,,, otherwise ill have to go back to normal ms dash, as its working again now ;)

19. bpk

bpk Member

rite i got it working- i installed sid 5.0.1 pal- with splintercell, and it worked wfine- color also, but when i started to play a game online just to test it, it wanted to check for updates so i let it, it updated fine, i went online playing unreal 2,, so i wanted to go back to the evo dash i installed so i rebooted- it booted tothe ms dash? i thought wtf is going on? so i tried booting up the installed again with sc pal... it would not boot into the linux save the screen went white and the game rebooted.... im unable to hotswap it or ftp now? whats up with it, the default ms dash is working. can u help

this happens to me now!! feck http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/547911

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  20. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Use my new 'Hotswap' Turorial to rebuild your drive, then softmod according to my guide! You'll be fine, don't panic!

;)