1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERROR 18775 or something in toast

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Godsham2, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Godsham2

Godsham2 Member

Ok, i'm prettyy suree that i did everything right prior to this, but to make sure. I used dvd back up and that made the video_ts folder. then i took that folder and put it into the dvd2onex thing and that made another video_ts folder, with less items, compressed im assuming. and then i went into toast, and dragged the compressed video_ts folder into it, and did it with renaming MY DVD to the movie title, and also with leaving everything alone. both time an error occured about 3/4 of the way through, no matter how many times i did it. saying mac osx cannot perform blah, error 18775, or some number like that. can someone tell me what is going on? and tell me how to fix it??
    thanks

2. Zombo

Zombo Guest

Hey... I've had this same problem. It says some kind of SENSE KEY ERROR. I use DVDBack-Up, DVD2onex 1.2 to compress to 4.4 GB, then click DVD-ROM option under advanced in TOAST 6 and click NEW DISC. Then bring in the VIDEO_TS Folder to the renamed disc name, copying the DVD's name and hit burn.

So I get that same error you get. I wonder if I should burn it at 1x? or maybe compress it even more? i just had my superdrive fixed so that shouldn't be the problem. Any ideas? maybe the media dvd-r i'm using isn't good? its TDK 2x dvd-r....

Let me know if someone comes up with any ideas. I don't need any more coasters.

3. squidlipz

squidlipz Member

hey I've been using those same pieces of software too and getting the same problem (Result Code = -18771). one DVD worked (Being John Malkovich) however it only provided the movie without the menu set-up. If someone could help us out that would be greatly appreciated (with other software to use or direct us to other info sources).
    Details of the problem are: Toast 6 will encode most of the DVD in preparation for burning and then an error message will appear "Couldn't complete the last command because there is a problem with the source material. Result Code = -18771
    Please Help
    Thanks
    Ian