1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error burning the same project on different dvd burners

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by funxion, Jun 9, 2006.

1. funxion

funxion Member

Okay so here's the story. I have a new MacBook Pro 2.0 ghz, and i've been backing up a few of my movies with the internal dvd writer, and it's all been going just fine. But when I try to burn the same project (or same type of project) with my dual layer external dvd writer, i get a "Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR etc at the END of the project.

Now i've read a few of the solutions to this problem like switching the type of dvds, but i'm not so sure if that's the problem. I say this because I can use that same burner and write Movie Images on my PC just fine. I'm just frustrated that it won't work with my Mac, and I know that the dvd burner works. I've burned other things with this external writer connected to my mac, but I just can't write the movies without getting the error. I mean I do the EXACT same thing, but when I use the external writer I get that error. I really want to fix this problem because i'd like to be able to burn dual layer discs in the future.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I will try to switch DVDs just to see if that will help. I hope that is enough info!

fXn

2. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

for the brand of dvds.. check this thread. good sale.. starts sunday

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/351876

now.. you mention burning dual layer dvds? is that what you are trying to burn? or are you trying to do single layer?

also.. what brand of dvds are you using?
    if they are burning on the internal fine.. it may be that the external doesnt like that brand of media. what dvd burner is the external?

that usually means the dvds are the issue. just because the other burner does it right.. doesnt mean all burners will..

post what happens..

3. funxion

funxion Member

I was burning single layer DVDs with Maxell DVDs. I have some Philips that I will try to use, and if they don't work i'll go for Verbatim. And my external is an LG internal writer that i stuck inside of a casing.

Like I said, i burnt a movie with the writer on my PC but it had that error on the Mac. But i'll switch DVDs and see what happens.

thanks for the response! I'll post what happens.

fXn

4. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

what model of lg?
    the burner may not be fully compatible with the mac. i know its in a casing and it shoulnt matter.. but that may be part of the issue.

5. funxion

funxion Member

I believe it is the LG GSA-4165B.

fXn

6. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

7. funxion

funxion Member

oh ya i looked up a couple sites and found the same info :S
    but i'm still planning to try with the new media to see if it will work... i refuse to give up!

But do you know of any decent writers that have a good cmopatibility with Macs??

Thanks for your help so far

fXn

8. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

pretty much anything on this page

http://www.lacie.com/products/range.htm?id=10014

i dont know on that internal that if you stick that into a case.. that should work fine.. since it is mac compatible..
    but any of those externals should work fine. i have the first one up on top.. love the hell out of it.. great burner