1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERROR CODE 16 HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by yoboicody, Apr 26, 2006.

1. yoboicody

yoboicody Guest

ok my xbox keeps saying error code 16 how do i fx it. does any body know any programs or downloadable contents to fix this problem .

ok thanx

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you backup eeprom?

3. yoboicody

yoboicody Guest

i belive i reinstalled it and it gave me error code 13 then after a day it gave me 16 but do you know how to get rid of the error code.

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

when you had error 13, you should stop playing around. Because I can fix your xbox with error 13.

Now you have error 16, Xbox will not read any games. I only can fix this xbox if you see white microsoft logo appears under XBOX when you turn on your xbox.

If you have eeprom.bin, then you are still able to fix it. Otherwise you need modchip.

5. yoboicody

yoboicody Guest

i cant afford a mod chip right now. but my friend has a mod chip on his xbox so do you know how to fix it with his xbox. because all im trying to do is get the MS adshboard back on and going. so if you can help me withthat that would be great. so write back.

6. yoboicody

yoboicody Guest

what does slayer auto installer do can that help me fix my xbox or not.

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Well your xbox will not read any disk. So how it is going to read Slayer disk?

8. shademand

shademand Regular member

The fact of the matter is in order to recover your Xbox you are gonna need a chip. If your friend is willing disassemble his Xbox and remove his currently working chip then he's a real friend, because I read everyday in various forums where someone has done so, now their Xbox no longer works. You don't need to get a $90 chip buy a $30 Spider Chip v.1.1 they are very easy to install just 1 wire for v1.0 - 1.5 Xboxes, 6 wires for a v1.6, but still an easy install. Once you see the Spider Chip screen, you put in a Slayer's or AID disc in your Xbox and re-install the M$ Dash. Now, you have a solution that won't break your bank!

9. yoboicody

yoboicody Guest

like were can i get this chip. and if i install the spider chip will i still be able to go on xbl. ut yea were can i get one at.

10. shademand

shademand Regular member

xbox-modchips.com has them in stock for $29.99, the chip comes with a switch so yes you will be able to use XBL. Again, though its not a very good fulltime chip, because it sits kinda funny on your motherboard so sometimes when you move your Xbox the chip moves too. You may need to keep opening up your Xbox to adjust the chip as a result.

11. yoboicody

yoboicody Guest

if you know any other way can you plz help cause i wanna just fix it without buying anything. but if you find anything out plz tell me thanx

12. yoboicody

yoboicody Guest

hey witch one should i buy cuz i dont wanna buy the wrong one so get back at me with the webpage. thanks

13. cdodge

cdodge Member

I have discovered something that i though might be of interest to ANYONE with error 16 on their x box. It's impossible to fix they say, unless the microsoft logo shows during bootup. I have discovered a very simple work around, that works very well. I fixed an error sixteen this morning. It all revolves around the hard drive lock problem. Anybody who has had this issue has found alot of people saying, "now it's just a paperweight. Buy a new one or hard mod it." Not true. You can use the hard drive swap method to reinstall your xbox, no matter if the microsoft logo shows or not. The trick (Posted Here First!!) is to simply unplug the cdrom drive from the ide cable, and boot the xbox normally, Instead of an error 16, you get an error 11, saying DVD drive not found. Interestingly, when you get an error 11, THE HARD DRIVE IS UNLOCKED BY DEFAULT!!! Now you can do the hot-swap method to read the hard drive on a computer. I downloaded xboxhdm and followed the instructions, after downloading the default dashboard files from another site. Worked like a dream. Now the xbox is exactly as it was when I took it out of the box. So don't throw out that Error 16 Xbox. It took me less than an hour to be up and playing again, and I couldn't believe it took me almost a whole day to figure it out!!

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

cool!!!

15. yoboicody

yoboicody Guest

cool but im so a newbie at this how do you unplug the drive. cuz i suck at all this but if you give me steps on how to do it that would be great so thankz get back to me.

16. misterti

misterti Guest

hey i got error 16 on my xbox while hotswapping it i went to a screen pressed something and i had build c drive disabled when i went on my xboxhdm cd and now on this one screen 1-6 options are "disabled" so if im doing something wrong or going to the wrong place on my cd please tell me what number i need to press when i boot the cd because idk which one to choose 1 2 3 or 4?

and then whats after that iv tried almost every site so please explain ty

17. Becharmed

Becharmed Member

It would be cool if u could link to the sites u used to get around this . I got a error 16 and im doing what u just sayid unplugged the ide drive to the cd drive and got error 11.

Now im kind a stuck do i just use my backup cd and xboxhdm in my pc and that way erase my hd ?

18. CHAOS_W

CHAOS_W Member

Cdodge, I have an error 16 on my Xbox. I tried to hotswap using TheReturns tut and couldnt get it to work. I didn't get my eeprom, btw.
    Now, you say unplug the cd drive's ide cable and it will automatically unlock? (would that work for any hotswap type of thing?)
    If so, I just need to grap some torx and MS files. So, does someone have the CORRECT files for the entire hd? Cuz, on mine, it's all gone.

Thanks,
    CHAOSWEAV3R

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  19. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

Can Someone help me too ive got the same problem but i have a backup of the eeprom!Im runnin on evox and i had error 13 now i got 16 and i cant get a microsoft logo

20. hlp4me

hlp4me Member