1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error with burning dvd

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by lovemymac, Oct 13, 2004.

1. lovemymac

lovemymac Guest

i am trying to burn a dvd i have compressed using dvd2onex and i have used up 3 discs now. toast just says it couldnt be burnt and doesnt get past either writing the lead in or about 1 minute into it. dragon burn says an error accord during burning saying a certin sector could not be read it was out of the readable sector. any idea what is wrong id appreacite it thank you

2. sidekick1

sidekick1 Guest

I use dvd2onex custom settings:
    Output: User defined 4372 mb. I have had a problem with burning DVDs to disk because of the size is too large with the 4472 mb setting and it won't burn... Try settin setting your Output to --> 4372 mb. If that doesn't work respond to the thread with your computer set up, and I will see if there is something I can help you with.

What computer do you have, what burner & how do you have your DVD burner connected to your computer - ie internal, external, usb 2, usb 1, firewire???

I use an external firewire burner - using Roxio Toast 6 Titanium and have never had a bad burn... Mabey you need to change to Toast 6??