1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox EX5000 PVR Setup Problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bertiered, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jemmac

jemmac Member

Thanks mate, I'll load it on and post how it goes.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No bother, should be fine, have you got a HDD yet?

3. jemmac

jemmac Member

No, but I've been reading there are problems with size, some drives wont fit. I'm not too concerned, it would be nice if I could get it up and running, but for now I just want to get my channels sorted. is there a drive that you could recommend?

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

5. jemmac

jemmac Member

Tanx scouser, only got to flash the box today, needed to buy adapter (usb) for cable. went perfect. If any mac users are reading it is possible to do this with a mac running virtual pc, i did. Anyone need help just post and i'll give you the step by step. Tanx again scouser.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem and a Mac user too very good indeed. Why not post the VPC method here sure it will help all box users on Mac ;)

7. jemmac

jemmac Member

How to install firmware with an apple mac using Virtual PC.
    You will get VPC by doing a google search for the torrent, make sure you get one with a serial provided & with a version of windows. (they're out there). I use azureus for my torrents.
    You will need to buy a usb adapter for your data transfer cable.
    in order to install the driver on the windows operating system, i needed to (you may not) put the cd in an EXTERNAL drive and choose the drive in the usb settings on VPC. It would not recognise it in the internal mac drive. After that the install was as normal, i plugged my cable in at both ends and followed the words of wisdom from scouser and co on this saviour of a forum.
    Hope this helps all you suffering mac people.

8. sarumane

sarumane Member

Hi All

Just bought this box yesterday so hopefully be up and running next week. Will be on here if I get stuck as advice seems clear and helpful. This is my first foray into alternative decoders.

Can the box access any of the on demand stuff like movies (film fl*x) or does it only decode the live stuff (s*y movies etc)?

I also noted on TBC.cc toolbar that there are 3 firmwares original, 1.1 and 1.1a. Do i install them in sequence or is 1.1a got all the previous stuff as well?

Regards
    saru

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  9. ste105

ste105 Member

You just update the unit with the latest Firmware... The firmware gets over writen ...just like the BIOS of a motherboard on a PC

10. sarumane

sarumane Member

Thanks Ste

Regards

saru

11. sarumane

sarumane Member

Hi All

Got unit and did channel scan. Saved that to PC and then did update to 1.1a. Prior to this the reception was crap - had no problems with virgen midia box prior to this, have I chosen the wrong symbol rate for glesgow in schotland? 6887?

Regards

saru

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Glasgow has two both 6887 and 6952.

13. jhammer02

jhammer02 Member

Hi
    I have got a new eurovox pvr, I have connected to my virgin broadband line and scanned channels. All the channels are showing SCRAMMBLED CHANNEL message in the center of the tv screen and no picture. Please help to setup the box

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Flash it with 1.1a firmware in Eamos at the end of my post.

15. jhammer02

jhammer02 Member

Hi
    Thanks for instant response. I have downloaded the file 1.1a. Please help me understand how to install this and how to connect the box with the computer. I do have a cable which received with is box it is 9 pin connector on both sides but on my computer I dont have a 9 pin connector.

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

17. sarumane

sarumane Member

Thanks sc0user,

Will try the other if signal does not improve. You seem to be the source of all knowledge on this forum, so thanks again!

Regards

saru

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Wrong way round........the forum is the source of knowledge ;) Best of luck, any problems just shout.

19. sarumane

sarumane Member

Hi Again

Thought I'd post before trying anything else. Picture was poor on some channels so I tried the other glesga code. This didn't help.

My setup: vigin midia exl. VM PVR in living room, addit box in bedroom. Signal split from ariel source in house by VM installers.

What can I do to tune in so that the channels have will good reception. At present some are pixelated and pause then 'blip' visually and audibly before catching up with the image. This is so frequent it is unwatchable. I also get multiple copies of the same channels.

Installed 1.1a software on Euro PVR. Should I install each channel manually to resolve issue?

Regards

saru

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No its a cabling/splitter issue. Try the EV PVR where the main incomer is, just put it in place of the VM box for now. And disconnect the splitter. This is only to see if your signal improves.

Regards duplicate channels just do a factory reset and rescan on 6887 and see if you get all channels. I should have told you to do this before scanning on 6952.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.