1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox EX5000 PVR Setup Problems

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bertiered, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhillyRob

PhillyRob Member

Hi Saru/Scouser,

Am having exact same problem with mine and is not due to a faulty box. Took my box up my mates and tried it on his connection and it was fine - every channel perfect. Borrowed his and is coming up with no/bad signal message on every channel too in my house. Only difference to you saru is that mine worked fine for about a month so makes it even more frustrating!! lol. Gradually during one day the picture started getting worse until all channels completely lost signal (the night Amir Khan was fighting - didnt miss much anyway! lol). Every channel fine on NTL box. Have posted in other threads but not much help. Tried removing splitters, factory reset, reflashing etc.

Bought a variable attenuator which has brought a slight picture back on some channels but nowhere near watchable still. Going to try a booster next but not very hopeful! My signal level is bouncing between 79-85% on most channels too (which it was when they were all working), with the attenuator drops to 70-74 then get slight picture on about 3 channels...

oh, by the way, when i first installed the box picked up all channels (luckily i saved the channel list to my pc), when scan now only finds handful of channels which dont work.

Will post back if booster has any effect!

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Seen you in a few places Phil :) Hopefully it works out for you. Definitely a cable problem alright, have you checked the white box outside?

3. sarumane

sarumane Member

Thanks Phil

Let me know if you have any success as this has been driving me mental!

Regards

saru

4. PhillyRob

PhillyRob Member

Yeah driving me nuts too! lol. I initially bought mine for the PVR functionality really as I just didnt want to pay £150 for a V+ box! Turns out the recording wasnt too clever on mine (only records 4 seconds of nothing and then stops!) and now havent even got any watchable channels! lol. Hindsight!

Anyway, not really sure which booster to buy in maplins/Tesco etc, there seem to be quite a few - do you know of any which have worked for people in the past scouser (sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere)?

No i havent looked at the white box outside - wouldnt know where to start with that?? Didnt think it was worth tampering with seeing as my NTL box and broadband are both fine?

Thanks,

Phil

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Try this one from Argos here it has manual variable gain and is quite cheap. But should do the job as I know many people have used them to good effect in the past.

6. PhillyRob

PhillyRob Member

Great stuff, thanks scouser. Will post back later on with how I get on...

7. PhillyRob

PhillyRob Member

GOOD NEWS!!!

I managed to get hold of a booster in argos earlier!

...Unfortunately thats the end of the good news... it didnt work! :( lol.

Seemed to have no effect whatsoever for me! When it was turned all the way down the signal bounces between 8% and 99% constantly, no picture. Set to middle, bounces between 80 and 85, no picture. Turned to full, bounces between 80 and 85, no picture.

With the variable attenuator plugged in as well it has the same effect as the variable attenuator has on its own - when it drops the signal down to 72-74 start to get some kind of picture.

...And before anyone asks, yes i did have the booster plugged in and switched on :p

Am now thinking it may be some interference or noise issue perhaps??

I'm starting to lose the will to live now!!

8. jojo11

jojo11 Guest

Hi Just received the eurovox ex5000 pvr today has the firmware got to be downloaded before it will work???

Many thanks

John

9. malci

malci Guest

Yes - as a rule they are supplied with FTA firmware installed only, but you can check what is on by going to Menu, across to Config, and check in System Information, you will find the latest firmware and help files here >>>>
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/3042613/f6e3421c/sharing.html

Also read the guide to flashing by HiTeck you will also find the firmware here also >>>>>
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/674371

10. PhillyRob

PhillyRob Member

Saru, you had any luck with your box since?? I'm running short of ideas now and you seem to be the only one in the same boat as me!!

Phil

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Phil have you asked VM to have a look at your cabling. They may move you up in the cab, just say your suubed box is acting up.

12. jojo11

jojo11 Guest

Hi having trouble downloading its not picking up the box on my laptop

Its just stuck on com 3 and its not finding it any help. also my box has 0001 on the face not ---- any help please

John

13. jojo11

jojo11 Guest

The laptop is not recognising any new hardware like it normally does any help with the driver. I have converter like the one in the picture what is best driver to download??

14. toomyling

toomyling Member

15. toomyling

toomyling Member

I've got the same problem. It says it is recording then stops after 4 seconds. When I go to PVR Manager and select the recording nothing happens. Anybody got any suggestions. My box came fitted with a HD, which I cannot eject but I presume it is a Seaget or Western.

16. jojo11

jojo11 Guest

How do i know if my cable is a null modem cable

17. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  18. jojo11

jojo11 Guest

Hi It looks the same as the driver is installed as checked it its picking up the converter in com 4. The box now has numbers on it and I can scroll up and down them. Why will the laptop not pick up the box?

19. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Are you running XP or Vista, where did you get the cable? do you have a link maybe?

20. jojo11

jojo11 Guest

Hi been at this for hours now. its vista and i got the cable from another hardware package i set up for soething else it is a grey wire with metal connections with two small screws on. Why are the number son the box now.

sorry for being a pain but this is driving me nuts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.