1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox flashing step by step.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by HiTeck, Jun 16, 2008.

1. May0

May0 Member

Model DVB-XC BOX TDA
    S/W Ver 1.0 STC4 Apr 21 2008
    H/W Ver 2.0t
    Bootstrap v002

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sounds like a signal problem, (never liked the 2007 tuner), have you tried it with both internal booster on and off? If so have you tried an external booster.

Where are you and what provider?

3. connorboy

connorboy Member

4. May0

May0 Member

Have tried it with the internal booster on and off, no difference. Haven't tried it with an external booster.

In Mayo on N*L

Rang the supplier this morning and told to return for fix or replacement. Thanks for your help.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sounds like a decent supplier.

6. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Hi Hiteck :) Favour to ask and you asked me about this a while ago. Can you add a tut for the EV PVR to your guide. As you know all Max models have been discontinued and the EX5000 is the only Eurovox DVB C box, (other than the Replay), left on the market, so would be nice.

The installation is exactly the same, with obviously the firmware the only difference. A mate of mine dolphin_6 writes some good tuts across a lot of forums, he sent me a remote tut last night http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/691550 could you use it if you think it fits. He will be doing a few more so may be he could add to your work by talking with yourself.

Many thanks hope I am not imposing, if I am tell me to pi** off :)

8. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

pi** off Lol :)

Yeah no problems Sc0user i'll add to the guide firmware details for the Eurovox PVR tomorrow I will also add dolphin_6 Tut for the remote and would welcome any advice from dolphin_6 or any member with regards to keeping this thread updated.

Cheers Sc0user.

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL cheers mate ;) I have some more graphical tuts he has just sent me but I will send them to Eamo as they are more of a graphical exe type file maybe you can link to it also. But you can still tell me to pi** off :)

10. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

No probs mate I'll keep my eye out for them as there uploaded.

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Latest one is in Eamos now, have a look here Excellent guide on how to use the PVR ;)

12. asad786

asad786 Member

Lol, This threads seems to getting on just find, since my first comment on here:p

Lol, im still happy since i updated my first eurobox aha

Thanks once again HiTeck

13. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

No problems mate, all the best!

14. asad786

asad786 Member

Heyy Back Again...
    Just wanted to ask that i did the manual scan and got all the channels that were scanned, adn they got stored in the box, however the channel i really wanted was "Zee TV" however this channel isn't on the eurovox, but it was before i did the manual scan.

Any ideas how i can get this channel back?
    Perhaps on another channel? that's the only solution i can think of at the moment

Plz Help, I'll be as patient as possible:)
    Thnx.

15. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

asad Zee TV is on the same as Zee cinema, Try a manual scan on 179.000MHz, Press menu> Installation> user installation> enter 0000, highlight 179.000 press OK so a tick apears then blue for manual scan, Wait for a min as the screen will go blank then exit back to your channels.

If this doesnt bring it back try a manual scan with out any splitters inline and redo above and then last resort clear channel data then do a powerscan.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  16. asad786

asad786 Member

Okaii, Thanks for the info, i'll try it next time i have access to the box, moved out temporarily from my house lol.

17. doogieh

doogieh Member

Hi there i've got a eurovox blue,i've had it a couple of years and have updated it in april this year with no problems.Recently i lost a few channels,powerscaned the box and ended up with no channels.The tp is still there with the channel guide but i cant watch the channels says there is no signal,can any1 help?

18. karljd

karljd Regular member

did you use the right symbol rate when you powerscanned?is the coaxil pluged into the rf in socket on the box and the tv scart plugged in firmly to the tv scart on the box?

19. funkyfive

funkyfive Member

i connected eurovox max v as shown on page 1 using the Null modem cable as i have done with previous boxes.Using the software from page 1 i tried to download onto the box and I get the message firmware version 2.10 in the blue bit and below Com1 in the box.When I press start in says receiver not detected and if you want to download the firmware in boot mode press ok below and AC power on your receiver.It has Com port settings listed com 1 - com 2 and com 3 with the correct one(com1) being used.When I press ok it says waiting from response from your receiver and I have tried it on standby as well with same results.The display has 0000 and doesnt change.I tried connecting back to the tv and resetting to factory setting with same result.Any suggestions???

20. funkyfive

funkyfive Member

forgot to say that I tried different computers and null modem cables