1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eurovox max 2008 in donabate

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by whistle76, Aug 20, 2007.

1. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

For the northside to the southside of Dublin there is only one mmds transmitter needed.
    If that transmitter got an upgrade during the last weeks more TV channels are possible.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

True only saying they are all receiving the same amount of channels.

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

There have only been maintenance works carried out no upgrade as such.

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Only the half side of the ex NTL mmds transmitters were prepared for digital. Without upgrade its not possible to use the whole thing for digital.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK lets just say I know the "internal" things so I will agree to disagree on this. It is not worth debating a subject matter that we both have different opinions on but everyone I know on N** MMDS has the full channel range and I mean everyone. As I have said above only those areas that are having problems are those that were incorrectly told that it was possible to provide that service to them. There was a LOS survey conducted but incorrectly at that due to both multipath and freznal zone problems.

But I do agree with you that the entire MMDS system requires an upgrade but I am afraid that the financial implications of this may overshadow the consumers wish.

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The original setup of the NTL mmds transmitters was one half of transponders digital and the other half analogue.
    If UPC want to use the second half for digital they have to upgrade that transponders. Thats it.
    If you are based in the first area which such an upgrade you can receive more channels.
    The original setup with one half for digital can only deliver around 94 TV channels.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As said I will shake hands on this one and agree to disagree, as the N** MMDS system was upgraded to all digital quite a while ago. Liberty Global and not UPC will have the final say on the upgrade path if it is required for C*****.DTT will overtake this either way in my opinion.

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Its a technical affair and if you get more channels via your responsible mmds transmitter decision and following upgrade was already done.
    By the way you are the first one who reports about more channels via NTL mmds.

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No I am not as per my previous link earlier http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/548231
    N** MMDS has been fully digital since 2004 and thats not too technical is it?

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

No, ex NTL switched off analogue mmds last year.

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ah now I see the confusion this is the UK you are talking about I am speaking about Ireland hence the reference to Dublin. Totally different subject matter. I do like to have UK info as well, so there is no analogue MMDS in the UK since last year? In Ireland the only one left on analogue MMDS is as you know C*****.

12. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

There is no mmds in the UK.
    I'm speaking about Ireland.

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

And so we go on. I was referring to your comment ex N** I have only seen this reference in the UK. I know you are now preempting the name now under the UPC banner.

14. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Here is the channel lineup for ntl ireland from 2006.
    http://mygamingladder.com/ntl/ntl.html

Go to the Column mmds Dublin and tell me since when you get more then the listed 94 TV channels via ntl mmds.
    A channel exchange one channel for an other doesn't count.

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Jesus do you ever go to bed. Nice list but as said you say one thing I say the other.

Getting back to what the thread was about, (Donabate MMDS), whistle76 if you see this I bet your confused now. Anyway I dont think it is a matter of life or death either way :) "Its only TV".

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  16. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

I verified your channel report in the meantime.
    There was no upgrade for ntl mmds.
    You mixed up chorus cable and ntl mmds in the Dublin surrounding area.

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Which one did I mix up I was only talking about N**. You just dont know when to give up, a healthy but somewhat stubborn trait I suppose.

18. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Till yesterday I thaught you are a reliable source for informations.
    Now I know it better.

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Bit child like that remark same goes for me regarding you. I am mature enough to reflect upon one thing as not been that important and I can have a lot of people vouch that my information is correct. Would I do that no as it is not the place to do that as this forum is here for helping people. You in fact try to be quite condescending toward users here and if you are told that your information is faulted you get up on your high horse. As I said it is only TV we all have our lifes to live and there are much bigger problems in life.

I will put the white flag up on this one for the sake of it as you spat your dummy out. I thought it was a healthy debate on the subject but you obviously don't like been told anything that differs from your "infallible knowledge".

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  20. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Well said Scouser and I back you up that the information you provide to help others is more than 100% , As Scouser has put the white flag up and offered to shake hands and mgb refuses to let it go , I think this discussion should come to a full stop !