1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Need help people.. I recently got some 2008 boxes and they all seem to be stuck on stand by with - - - - across the front, i've tried to flash them with the new firmware but no joy here either. any help please..

2. Bob66

Bob66 Member

sounds like they need to be jtaged

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Usually indicates a bad flash what does it say in system info.

4. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Yes only one thing you can do now is to return them back to your seller. Asthey would need JTAGGING and also after that they would work but not last longer. Your boxes are dead now. Dont try to flash tem as you would be wasting your energy on them for no reason.

Seems like Dodgy Boxes or Dodgy software. More likely the boxes.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

A Jtag would indicate that the tsop is corrupt how do you know this ---- indicates a bad flash or no firmware present.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  6. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Guy mentioned he tried to install the firmware but couldnt??? Also JTAG would clear the flash and it will be ready for fresh firmware install.
    Yes it could be that there is no firmware but in normal circumstances only STANDBY light comes up if there is no firmware and DASHED do indicate BAD software.

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL tried but couldnt doesnt mean that it was loaded suceesfully what if it was a straight through RS232 cable instead of a null modem cable. Jtag doesnt clear a flash it clears the tsop and even then it doesnt clear it completly but overwrites it to allow a rewrite. BTW what is bad software?

8. dodzy

dodzy Member

9. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Brilliant!
    No one is interested in how much JTAG clears and what it clears, just to keep things simple it does the job and thats good enought for 99%.
    Btw i never said it clear it COMPLETLY!!!
    Secondly about bad software, there is software around which simply has too many bugs in it so once you install that into your eurovox 2008 it just doesnt work. To get rid from this problem eurovox have introduced new loader. which basically is loader and firmware in one simple program so you dont need to use any other firmware file. its called UFL and it does the job.

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

11. dodzy

dodzy Member

Quotes are getting longer and longer cablemtk......

Sound like a JTAG salesman there :)

BTW, too early to pass judgement on the magical loader recently put out to the masses..... or indeed to knock previous versions. Contradictions readily available to both arguements.

Strange that a full batch of new 2008 V Max would all need tagging. Could someone be that unfortunate ?????? Most likely firmware absences needing correct installation as previously posted.

12. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

You see everyone takes things differently. I am just giving my idea in a hope to solve sum1's problem. Doesnt mean I am right and doesnt mean i am wrong either. Its just you try and you find out as different things work in different cases. Also DODZY did i ask you to buy any JTAG lol, ur funny.

Sc0user, Yes thats the UFL and also you dont need TSOP if you use SkyUp instead of JKEYS.

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

The first firmware released was to kill of the clones unfortunately it also killed the good boxes as the real firmware was not released in time and all dealers are aware of this so if you have boxes just return to your dealer and he will take back no problem dont bother jtaging them

14. gman496

gman496 Regular member

sc0user, is the firmware you referr to in the above link the file named UFL_MAX_V_06_09_07.zip ?

15. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Firstlt guys tanx for all the replies i think i may have got ye going!! but it was my mistake the boxes were obviously not flashed with anything at all and just before i actually started the download i had to do a system reset and this did the trick as all the boxes are perfect now with the new firmware on them,so tanx again guys..

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thats the one.

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You can use red tsop but the problem is you cannot put black firmware back on the box again so the black box is now a red box or it thinks it is as i have done it will take the red firmware no problem you do need black if you want your black to be black again and there is none available as they have not been released because of the clone boxes

18. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Good man Nedser lol :)

19. gman496

gman496 Regular member

quote]
    Thats the one.[/quote]

Cheers sc0user

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

So what should I say now :) OK I will say I was right please consider other members before offering the wrong advice as this will not only cost them time but money.

Happy to see you sorted Nedser.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.