1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karljd

karljd Regular member

ok thats the latest firmware but it covers the 8% problem so my advise would be to put this firmware on(at the end of this post) after you download it on to your box do a factory reset before you scan after this if you still have the same problem (i hate repeating myself but hear goes) make sure all your connections are connected properly ie coaxil into rf in and scart into the tv scart on the box,also make sure you scan from your main feed(no splitters)and finally check there is no cable problem in your area also just use your own providers symbol rate, ps get rid of that toolbar if you want any info firmware software its all in eamo's library under my pic,ok use this then http://www.4shared.com/account/file/44834422/de5f6c04/UFL_MaxV_Kuro3_18_04_08.html

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  2. SG8

SG8 Active member

Update your box and you won't need the codes!!

3. kristovl

kristovl Member

Ok i've tried doing it with the 18.04.08 firmware and the downloading process won't get past the 'waiting for response of your reciever' stage on my laptop. Do you knoww anything to get past that problem? Also i now know there is no general cable problem in the area.

4. karljd

karljd Regular member

are these the same cables you used to download the other firmware?is it the same laptop?

5. kristovl

kristovl Member

Yeah it's the exact same leads and laptop. I've go the correct 9 pin rs null lead with a usb adapter and a laptop with vista. I used this lead on my brothers box which is a eurovox blue i think and it worked fine. Also it only allows me the option of COM3.

6. karljd

karljd Regular member

can you use com3? im not up to date with vista iv'e only ever used windows xp

7. kristovl

kristovl Member

Ok i've got a laptop here with xp as well so i'll try it on there. I have tried it before though and had the same problem. Just won't get past the waiting for the reciever stage.

8. karljd

karljd Regular member

if your using xp go to my computer view system info hardware device manager ports com&lpt find your usb go to port settings advanced and try using com ports 1-4 sorry i have to go now ill be here tomorrow let me no how you get on

9. homesaint

homesaint Guest

I know this is going over old ground and I apologise in advance but, is it possible for someone who has the time and knowledge to coallate all the neccessary info on all the eurovox boxes into one post, (If it hasn't already been done), complete with idiot guide on one thread. I know all the info is there but I and probably others am a bit apprehensive about changing the software then finding I've got no working box at all!

10. SG8

SG8 Active member

There is a step by step to updating Eurovox MAX V linked in my sig, on that thread there is links for the software for other boxes so anything people need is there in that thread. Adding in the different software on page 1 would most likely cause confusion to people who have the latest box, so I did not go down that route.

11. conormc

conormc Member

can anyone help me please, i have two euro vox boxes in Dublin and both of them are working fine after i downloaded the new firmware, but i problem is that my brother in Mullingar has a box and is ch*rus and we can only receive 8% through the box, is there anyway around this?

thanks guys

12. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Hi have a look here, It explains what to do , all the best,

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/659806

13. conormc

conormc Member

thanks hitech, i'll give it ago this evening and let you know

14. nd226

nd226 Member

Hi There guys,

My Eurovox box recently having trouble with alot of channels. The picture freezes and some do not work altogether. I have tried updating the channels but i Man UTD channel no-longer works properly.

please can someone help?

15. duke101

duke101 Member

hi all can anyone help
    I recently updated my eurovox 07 and 08 with the new firmwer and all is ok on the 07 box but the 08 boxes EPG info is all messed up and the usual fix dose not work because the red button that was auto scan is not there anymore and if you press it, it puts the channels in order and i have to move them manualy again please help

16. dgireland

dgireland Member

Ok, its being a week or so since I asked this. I have updated everything done all the scans all works fine. How do I get a complete list of channels that I should have. My older Ch***s box has disney but I cannot get it on the eurovo*. I have tried ALL the scan codes !!!!!

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction

17. MazdaMPS

MazdaMPS Regular member

Did you try a full rescan, this should pick up all the channels.

18. Bliskin

Bliskin Member

Hi AfterDawners...! I have a 2007 Red box flashed same with appropriate firmware and set it all up as per great advice from fellow Dawners, anyway my 1 and only problem is If i switch off at night before bed I have to re-enter the codes as per 28/04/08 and perform an Auto-Scan but stations come right back up again as if theirs no problem. I was wondering if theirs a battery back-up for a non-volatile chip that needs to be replaced or something along those lines...? all advise appreciated Cheers again Dawners...!

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You must be watching Escape from LA :) Have you tried a factory reset and reflash?

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  20. linny40

linny40 Regular member

have you tried re scanning just to see coz a while ago i lost disney and SS1 and QVC ( yes i need QVC more n hubby needs SS1 lol)

sounds like if you cant get disney then you may have some other channels missing. tbh i was going to do a list of all the frequanceys lol as there are several channels on the one freq, but never got round to looking them all up and and writing them all down.
    I do remember my suppliers telling me to come on the forum and there may be a list of all the channels so its probably here somewhere if someone can point us in the right direction it will help for future or maybe someone does have a printed list on thier pc that they are willing to put on here :) so ill do a post it note to see if i can get to write down ALL the Freqs and channels but they are over 200 so bare with me lol! :)
    plus not sure if they will be slightly different in your area

Last edited: May 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.