Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddb5224

ddb5224 Member

Hi,

I was asked to come round to a friends house as her EuroVox had stopped working. I had never seen a EuroVox before and she told me about this forum. Thought I would let people know what happened in getting it fixed.

She has a EuroVox Max 2006 and has N*L Dublin. Was reading about 'Red' and 'Blue' boxes and thought this was the colour of the COVER! Then found out it was the colour of the PACKAGING the box came in! Found this site which helps you decide which colour you have. Once you know the colour, go and get the update in the Eurovox folder. Download the file. Unzip the .rar file.

If you read through the previous threads it will tell you how to reflash your box.

2. annaville

annaville Member

malci its a black box and the packaging it came in is black and white , its eurovox max v ,

3. 07steve

07steve Member

hi im trying to update eurovox max v but its confused between com 3 and com 1 and then it start with system reset but come back on and nothin is happening can anyone help me figure this out thanks in advance

4. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

When you are updating your eurovox you either use from com port 1 to 4 so when you start to flash the box what you do is get the loader and turn the box off first then press the center download button then you get another box press start then you will see waiting for receiver then plug your box into the power and you should see the blue bar moving across the loader you will see 2 of these when it is just finished you will see failed on the loader dont mind that you will get another saying successful then your box is flashed

if you are just updating your firmware make sure you take a channel dump off your box first so you can put it back on when you have put the new firmware on to it as some boxes are having problems finding the tp

5. DesB

DesB Regular member

can some please post a step by step way for me to update the box its not starview its just called the box i have the files and evrything but am now sure how i update it properly and i dont wanna wreck it cheers thanks in advance

07Steve is this the same box you were trying to fix earlier, if not did you get that one sorted?

6. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

Steve you have everyone confused you are using 2 threads one for the eurovox and the other for the starview like here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/664977#4059240

if you stick to one thread you might get some help as people are replying to you then you go to another thread and post something different

stick to this one below and you will get the info as desb has already answered your question here
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/664977#4059240

7. jmc1888

jmc1888 Member

hi got a 2007voxbox red have updated with 04 20008 filmware all channels are there but poor picture and sound need help

8. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

check your scart lead for bent pins also that it is pushed all the way in on both the tv and the box

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Try a factory reset and then turn box off and on. Make sure you have a CDF to download back onto the box.

10. willmck

willmck Member

hi all , hope this is the right thread,

i ve got the max v and am on ch**us in athlone
    i currently get max 75 channels. when i powerscan i always lose about 30 and have to keep scanning to get them back ,
    question is am i right in expecting the box to pick up more than 70 channnels ?
    ive uploaded the 18.04.08 firmware onto my eurovox max v
    recently to see if it helped but not , if i thought 70 was about right i de leave it but i thought the box would pick up more
    also i noticed an update dated 28.040.08 but it says this shud be used if there are signal probs,

any help much appreciated just wanna see if there s anything i can do or not.

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

All C***** areas are provider depended some get full list others do not if you are getting around 75 to 80 that could be the lot for your area what i would say is take a channel dump from your box to your Pc so that you will have a copy in case you scan again and lose them also the later was brought out to fix the 8% problem that is all not for not receiving the channels people that have that problem dont have get any so stick to the 18/4/08 as this is the correct firmware for your box

Can you give me a list of the freq you are getting at the present time

12. willmck

willmck Member

tx for the qiuck reply man
    can t give a list at the mo ( work )
    will need to look up how to do a channel dump
    they seem to start comin through from asbout 350mhz onwards
    if i gave u the info u need could i get back to u 2moro ? or somethin ,

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yep no bother mate anytime there is always someone on here to help out here is how to do a channel dump for you

Doing a Channel Dump

on the loader on the bottom press upload that will open another box for you to save to

you need to rename your channels (example name what you want to call it so you will know)

then you will get another box with channel data on it then press start you will see

the light flash across the loader and that is it done

to put the channels back on do the reverse order except you press the bottom download button it should automatically pick up the channel dump you have taken off

14. willmck

willmck Member

thanks man to be honest i ve tried gettin answers before but no luck , i ve got the sky movs sports etc, all main channels but was lookin to get more cartoons for kid mainly tell me wot info i need for you ? just channel frequencies ??

15. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes should start about

finish

but as i said that is area dependent and what the provider allows

16. willmck

willmck Member

cheers man

17. Steviemak

Steviemak Member

Hi all. Came home today and my eurovox max V is not receiving any signal. When I tried the scan (under Fast Install - Update Channels) it is not picking up any channels. I just put back in my old cable box and it is working fine. I'm in NTHell Dublin. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

18. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

if you have a channel dump do a factory reset and put that back on or you will find one in the eko folder for N** under scousers name also check your incoming cable is ok before doing this as there could be a breakdown in your area

19. Steviemak

Steviemak Member

Thanks Cyber Cop

20. annaville

annaville Member

hi all re my sisters eurovox v blackbox which i was on about yesterday, i tried to tune it in today and had no joy ,she is going back to the guy to see will he tune it in through his cable system which is the same as hers ,i tried from point 5 as malci advised but got no joy,, incidentally when i got to her house she had the cable connected to ariel connecter i thought it should go rf . excuse our lack of knowledge we have a combined age of 133. thanks in anticipation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.