1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox New Software Released.Tested and Working.

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by vardrus, Apr 11, 2008.

1. mafiosooo

mafiosooo Member

imy os xp im using null cable but the latest ufl maxv 30_11_08 it downloads ok and when it writes up 87% i get downloading is failed please help me?

2. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

juc

As above what does it say in system info, 6952 wont work.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  3. juc

juc Regular member

its actually cho.us not nthell, my bad. on system info it says oct 28 2008.

4. juc

juc Regular member

In System Info

Model DVB-XC EX5000 TDA
    S/W Ver 1.0 ST4 Oct 28 2008
    H/W Ver 2.0t K5 +D
    Bootstrap v001
    S/W Build Kuro

5. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  6. juc

juc Regular member

Ah balls, i was hoping i wouldnt have to flash it, my null modem cable is in my folks house about 90 mins away. better get going, i want it on tonight :) thanks for your help man

7. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

90mins! Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy another.... Before you set off have you tried scanning on symbol rate 6875 just to see what happpens.

8. juc

juc Regular member

yeah just tried it there now. no joy. talk to ya later man

9. BennBlack

BennBlack Member

For those of you having problems getting Setanta you need to rescan your box. Scan 363.00 for Teesside.

10. juc

juc Regular member

11. malci

malci Guest

Where are you and what box, when you get that message then you are trying to flash on to the wrong box.

12. juc

juc Regular member

Im in ireland using chor.s Hiteck gave me the link for the firmware that he said i needed. when i ran it, it showed eurovox max v. i only just got my box today and its a eurovox ex5000pvr i'm just after reading through the guidline for flashing and i flashed it using the ex5000pvr, i have to drive home now it'll take me 90 mins to get home, won't know if it worked till then. do you think maybe hiteck gave me the wrong one by mistake, or should i have tried to figure out using the one he gave me?

13. malci

malci Guest

He's been run off his feet, yes that is for the Max V, go to this link and get the firmware for Ireland for the EX 5000, courtesy of HiTeck himself, it will be fine for you and follow his guide as well >>>>>

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/674371

14. juc

juc Regular member

i just got home, hope your still up :) i just did a power scan and still no channels, any ideas?

15. juc

juc Regular member

i tried to press red to update channels now, and it said "no transponder to scan" does this help you with my problem?

16. malci

malci Guest

Have you now flashed with the correct firmware? and are you using the correct symbol rate for your area (Where are you)? and the most obvious, silly or not have you got a live cable feed in the RF in socket?

17. juc

juc Regular member

Yeah i flashed it with the correct firmware, it now shows in system info July 2008 which is for ireland yeah as far as i was told. the cable is connected to the RF port at the back, im using chorass and on hitechs tread it says to use the symbol rate 6875, thats where i'm at now. done the scan and the signal strength was going up and down during the scan like it should. but when it finished there was still no channels :(

18. malci

malci Guest

What box did you use before the EX 5000, and did you start at powerscan 260.00 and stop 460.00.

19. juc

juc Regular member

i had the eurovox max 2008 but that was in a different house, moved house and only had sky so i sold my box on. then moved again now i have chorass so i got the new box today. started scan at 260 and ended it at 460. is there another way of uploading the channels maybe from pc?

20. malci

malci Guest

That's what I was referring to, so you have not actually run one at this house/address, I hope you are definately digi cable, not analogue or MMDS, anyway I will have to get some kip mate, HiTeck or scOuser will help you no doubt probably tomorrow, need to fathom exactly what your feed is.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008