1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experiencing Difficulty Using DVD RB and CCE? If So, Then Ask Your Questions Here.

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2004
  2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

@jdobbs

It worked for me, thank you.

3. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

@ jdobbs.

Batch processing - what an outstanding feature! I'd like you to know that watching those files process one right after another was truly a fine experience. This next time I'll keep them all ... rather than just the last one. :)

I was wondering, if something like a #0003 error comes up, will all the processing "hang" at that point, or, will it continue on? I'm starting to get a pretty good idea about what makes for risky files, e.g., heavy edits, etc., and could schedule them last if it's a concern.

4. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

If you get a "clean" error (like #0003) then it should continue with the next job. Unfortunately, though, you'd have to review the log to know there was an error... Unexpected errors -- those that are system level, could cause DVD-RB to abort completely.

If you simply run the batch against pristine sources (unmodified DVDs), errors will virtually never happen. When you preprocess with 3rd party utilities, however, it is unpredictable what may happen. Some of them don't output "compliant" streams.

I've been working a lot with Dimad lately, and I intend to completely support preprocessing via DVD ReMake at some point (not yet). So that may be a good route to take if you intent to preprocess.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2004
  5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

jdobbs

[bold]I've been working a lot with Dimad lately[/bold]

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this, together DVD-RB and DVDremake are an unbeatable combo.

Tell diamd I said hello!

6. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

@jdobbs...
    I do use Remake Pro, and have been 100% on encode success since the recent change of RMP to 2.3.4 and RB to .56. (Also using CCE 2.69). Before that I had #0003 errors about 50% with edits, 100% without. As the #0003 problem abruptly cleared, I presumed you and Dimad had been working things out. These softwares do make for a great package.

Also, my first go with Batch was with non-edited files straight out of Decrypter. I try to stay away from "variables" on first tries!

7. hapyuser2

hapyuser2 Guest

My previous nick is happyuser. I had post quite a few in this forum as well as other forums around.
    But this happyuser had been banned by Sophocles and the moderator of this board for trying to reveal some of the MISATES that Sophocles and the likes are trying to conduct in teaching other on how to use this DVD-Rebuilder: this grave mistakes that would result in your final interlaced encoding having some form of color shifting.
    Anyway, I do not know exactly who had banned my "happyuser" nick, but that is not important. The important is that they, the people who banned my "happyuser" nick afraid that I would bring forth some of the big mistakes in their way of using this DVD-Rebuilder to encode ntsc interlaced 29.976 fps.

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen !
    Here is the reason for my presentation:
    According to the specification of video and video encoding, there are types of video as follows:
    1. 29.976 fps ntsc interlaced.
    2. 23.976 fps film progressive <== this will be telecined into 29.976 fps progressive for the dvd player to recognize it.
    3. 25 fps PAL either interlaced or progressive.
    4. 29.976 fps hybrid type of 50% or so progressive film and 50% or so ntsc interlaced.

According to the above specification, there is no 23.976 fps INTERLACED: this is at least to the eyes of the CCE, which is the one that will do well at encoding either 29.976 interlaced ( alternate_scan=true ) or at 23.976 fps PROGRESSIVE ( progressive=true ) or at 29.976 fps progressive ( for hybrid type after being handled by DECOME with its hybrid treatment ). I would doubt that the reason some people reported on the COLOR SHIFTING be the result of "interlaced=true" in the "ConvertToYUY2(interlaced=true", but in fact it is both because of the "interlaced=true" in the "ConvertToYUY2(interlaced=true)" and the 23.976 fps INTERLACED being fed into CCE.

So some extremist may say something like this: "There is no such thing as 23.976 fps INTERLACED for CCE: only 29.976 fps either interlaced or progressive and 23.976 fps progressive ( and of course the 25 fps either interlaced and progressive for pal ) ". Though this extremist would be wrong, but the 23.976 fps interlaced is still new to our ears though, is it not?

Message for Sophocles and the people who had banned my "happyuser" nick :
    Maybe your incompetent ability to gain more knowledge had put you in the position where you have to need help from others. Maybe your incompetent ability to gain more knowledge had also put you in the position that you have to put other knowledgable people down for you to thrive up from below. Or maybe your INFLATED knowledge on the subject is about to be revealed to the public that you have to take measure to prevent it from happening. Or maybe your INFLATED-from-an-empty-tank-of-knowledge is about to be deflated for everyone to see AND now that you have to take measure to ensure that this will not happen. What a cheap stake !

8. hapyuser2

hapyuser2 Guest

The next time if you ladies and gentlement do not see my next posting, it is because this incompetent Sophocles and their incompetent alike would probably ban this new nick "hapyuser2" so that I will be able to "deflate" their inflated-from-an-near-empty-tank knowledge on the subject of video encoding.

9. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Happyuser, i have been reading over this thread, and you keep telling everybody they are wrong, and that everyone should use your own opinion.
    You have not once backed up with facts on why.
    I do not know much about DVD Rebuilder.

You just are out right rude.

Darthnip actually banned you.

I agree with all the other people here, that you are just plan rude, and will not take into consideration anyone elses comments.

If your happyuser2 gets banned, i wont be supprised.

Regards
    CoZZa

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

[bold]Maybe your incompetent ability to gain more knowledge had also put you in the position that you have to put other knowledgable people down for you to thrive up from below.[/bold]

[bold]Maybe your incompetent ability to gain more knowledge had also put you in the position that you have to put other knowledgeable people down for you to thrive up from below.[/bold]

No! It's because you're an egotistical self serving jerk. The only debate you had was yours; you don’t know anything about ours. Your focus was so narrowed as to have no global meaning. Nothing personal, but you are not that bright. I wanted a collegial relationship with you but you wanted to be coronated. Sorry. We’re a much broader thinking group than you saw.

11. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

To add to the statements of other...

Please give me a quote from the standards to which you speak...

I confident you won't find an answer because you are talking through your ass.

You are confusing NTSC, PAL, and DVD Specifications and limitations with MPEG standards. CCE is not a DVD encoder, it is an MPEG encoder. You will find that CCE does indeed support interlaced encoding at 23.976. In fact I can show you several hundred thousand examples in which it has created them. The framerate/requirements of which you speak are for DVD multiplexing -- which is done by DVD-RB at rebuild.

I think my record is proven through this and other software packages -- have you written any software recently that builds DVDs? I can also show you several other packages I've written including IFOUpdate -- which is a part of the Big 3 method you've been using.

I'd suggest you back off because you are making a fool of yourself.

12. hapyuser2

hapyuser2 Guest

jdobbs
    Or maybe you do not want people to know about the biggest SHORT-FALL of the current DVD-Rebuilder that is this DVD-Rebuilder is about to buncher their pure interlaced 29.976 fps being lost 6 frames every second down to the 23.976 fps interlaced.
    "...ass..."
    ==> people who use such language deserves no respect from others.

=======================
    cozza1987
    Only a rude, really rude person sees other good people as being rude !

========================
    Darthnip
    Maybe you are afraid people seeing the mistakes that your incompetent alike are trying to do to the newbie: please !
    Your criminal-minded behaviors only make people lives more terrible. Please be a good person for just a few hours.

======================
    Sophocles
    At first, you childish behavior offended more people.
    As time goes by, you prove yourself to be just a COARSE uneducated dishonest dude to like to push others with your slandering and defaming strategy. Maybe you criminal-minded behavior had given you the title "jerk" a lot by others people now that you pour that "jerk" word often on the innocent people.

13. brian100

brian100 Guest

Deleted
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

AMD Athlon FX-53(939 pin). ASUS A8V Deluxe Athlon 64 2000MHz SB, Dual LAN, IEEE 1394.
    1024MB DDR 400 RAM (PC3200), 2 X 200GB SATA, 2 X Pioneer 107D. 128MB nVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 XT.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2004
  14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Keeping my word.

Everyone, let's put all this behind us. if at all possible could you clean your posts?

@jdobbs

I hope that you continue to come to AD and join us because most of us truly appreciates your input. I'm looking forward to hearing about your collaboration with dimad.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

15. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

You know, happyuser, between the two of us I think we know about everything there is to know.

You seem to know everything except that you are clueless... and I know that.

Use some of the gray matter that God gave you and check out your facts before you start pouring out this drivel.

1. Use any of a hundred tools and check the source and you will see that no frames are lost -- not that you'd need one as it would be intuitively obvious to the casual observer -- 6 frames per second would be 20% of the overall frame count. That'd be hard to miss, don't you think?

All you have to do is count. You have counted before, have you not?

2. Use Bitrate viewer and open one of the CCE generated .M2V files created during encoding from an interlaced original, and you'll see that IT IS ALREADY INTERLACED.

Your ignorance and obstinance are beyond belief. Come on, buddy, what the hell does it take to admit you are wrong?????

I'd suggest you use something else to decode your software... I don't have time to argue with you. I can very easily picture you standing at an intersection confronting a stop sign shouting "No it is GO! Maybe you are saying STOP just to cover the fact that you are losing 6 frames!" Not a bad idea, though, at least that could keep you busy for a century or two and leave the poor people of this forum alone to do something better.

16. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

happyuser2 - I was the one that banned you, as i'm about to do again. As i said before i dont know the first thing about video encoding, nor do I care to. Trying to say I banned you so you wouldn't make me feel stupid is pretty pathetic since I openly admit to knowing nothing on this subject. You were banned for being an bumhole, nothing more.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    http://www.BillLonero.com - check out bill, he rocks and he's way cool.
    irc.addictz.net #ad_buddies
    IRC guide - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/47221

***Hey, Let's try that "search" function!!*[/small]

17. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Happyuser quote

DVD ROT is the rotting of the original DVD even when it is carefuly kept and being not used at all: the original DVD just gone UNREADABLE due to chemical reaction on the recording surface of these DVDs ( dvd rot will not affect DVD-R and DVD_RW ( plus and minus ) ).

I thought I would add DVD rot to laser flares and heat damns.

18. 64026402

64026402 Active member

How about another happy comment

There is no need to convert your AVI back into mpeg2 for the DVD: go out there and rent a DVD movie, then use DVDDecrypter to rip as image this DVD movie onto your hard drive.

19. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I did notice happy had started a thread to tell the world about the big deinterlacing concern he had.
    I went to it and heard crickets and birds chirping but no responses.

20. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

If there is a shortfall in DVD-RB -- I acknowledge it, and fix it. That's the reason it is in beta status, to find and fix errors. There have been many legitimate errors documented and fixed. I have no incentive to cover it, I'm doing this for free (well except for the [literally] one-out-of-one-thousand people who donate for development). But what you are saying has no basis in fact. You simply don't understand how it works and then make these kind of statements... I'm flabbergasted.

I've gone back and read some of your comments, and tried to trace the logic associated with it... and frankly I think it is just a fundamental misunderstanding of MPEG, Video, and DVD...