1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Far Cry - From CD to USB Hard Drive

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by b.t.k., Aug 21, 2004.

1. b.t.k.

b.t.k. Member

Sorry, probably this question has been asked many times before but I will just post it again.

Here is my situation:

I have the Far Cry CDs (the actual ones) that I want to copy to my hard drive then send to my USB hard drive. I have tried multiple programs but all this is confusing. If someone gave me a run through on how to specifically copy Far Cry to my desktop without any problems that would be great. No help on getting it onto my USB because I am not that computer illiterate. I will be later moving these files over to a different computer to burn them (so I guess I would like the files to be ISOs then, right?)

If this is posted in the wrong forum, move it but I would nice if I could have someone give me the right direction to head to.

Thanks!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. b.t.k.

b.t.k. Member

Thanks a bunch! So is it necessary to have a '2 sheep' burner or can you just copy the CD over using any old DVD/CD-ROM drive?

4. Nephilim

Hi,

When making a working copy the newer protections a 2-sheep burner is a must.

With some of the older protections any old reader would do the trick but, again, some of the new protections need a very accurate reader as well (Doom 3).

When I backed up Far Cry the image was read with my Lite On 166S DVD ROM so I'd say it's at least worth a try making the image with your drive :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants ... And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  5. b.t.k.

b.t.k. Member

Yep, all the steps worked.

Thank you!

6. Nephilim

Sweet! Don't be a stranger :)