1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest program to copy DVD'S

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by chazbmwUS, Jun 26, 2005.

1. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

well I have a new DEll G4 XPS,runing at 3.73Ghz with 1066FSB, 2 gigs ram, 2 160gig hard drives RAID 0, and it's like lightning. I do a movie in about 2 1/2 hours, from decrypt to burn. I love it and the quality is tops!

My CCE is 2.67 with my DVDREbuilder

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

wow.. thats quite a machine IHoe

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Thanks Jim..... I spent a lot of money on it and it is living up to it's specs! I remember spending lots of time ripping, rebuilding & encoding to have only failed with the burning part, and feeling agrivated doing so..... WHAT DID i DO WRONG???? Well... just like the right media is half the battle ..... the right machine can make all the difference! I could have spent more money on the machine but I felt that with the money I did spend it was more than enough to use for backups! It's mostly used for my business.... chasing customers and making sales for my restoration business but I also have photography and DVDs as hobies. And what I like about this machine..... it only takes 1min and 30seconds to boot up!!!! That's a good deal!

4. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

I agree IHoe,

Media is a big part.
    I like to do other things besides sit at the computer...that's why I asked the question.
    This was really about NOT lending your DVD to a friend.
    if the media is stable I will burn at 8x otherwise 4x.

Thanks for all the input.

5. Ustop

Ustop Regular member

Yo Chabacca, I did give you an answer. No matter what program u burn with its only going to burn as fast as your media and burner will allow. Why u ask the ? is confusing to me. Everybody that has spent any time burning movies knows what the latest technology is. 16x media and the new dual format 16x burner. Now u can burn a movie in 4 minutes, but pretty soon you'll want to do it in 2 minutes. U say u don't want to spend all day in front of the pc. Why would u have to. Put the movie in, let it take its 8 to 11 min and go do some laundry. My thing is, like many of u I'm sure, I love movies. I been burning movies for over a year and half. I'm still using the same software as I started with. of over the 200 movies I've burned I've only had about five or so coasters. I've never tried to burn over 4x. U ask why, cuz I understand what I'm getting. And if I can get what I'm getting for what Im getting it for Im certainly not going to WHINE about it. Why mess with something that works. Now if u would excuse me I'm starting to burn a new movie and I need to take a dump. I think I'll call it chazbmwus.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

oh man.......... you have a perfect name....... U stOP! GREAT......... take your dump!

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Well I perform similiar steps as IHoe w/ exception of burn speed. I rip w/ dvdd, edit with dvdrm v 3.06, then encode w/ dvdrb v 0932 pro/cce v 2.70.1.4, then burn with nero but seldom over 4x. Rip time 15 min average, edit time 15-30 min, then to encode a 7.06 gb folder for eg. takes right at 2 hours, burn time 12 min.

I can't justify spending 2 hours 30-45 min editing and encoding and then sacrificing a few minutes to burn.

Mort

8. Exodus12

Exodus12 Member

Count yourselves lucky those of you who can burn in under an hour. It takes me about 45 minutes at least to copy then another 45 to burn

9. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  10. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I think we all feel the way Mort does...... why spend the time to just burn fast when quality counts............ don't skimp, it will pay off in the long run. But....... at the same time........ if you have the computer that is new and fast..... why not...... I used to burn at 16x but now at 8x ...... cost in time.... 2 mins or so......but still puts out a great DVD! The time will only go as fast as the media and your hardware will allow it to go..... soooooo what's the hurry!

11. Exodus12

Exodus12 Member

I'm not sure Jim, I think i changed it to DMA after i fixed my drivers but I hadn't tried copying one again yet, let me try again when I get home. I'm at work now. Now i know its DMA when available and i read the thread about 6 errors or whatever.. so does it automatically go back to DMA itself? or do I have to set it each time?

12. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

No you have to switch it over like that thread said,and if it doesn't change you have to uninstall the drivers(but you already did that)

13. Exodus12

Exodus12 Member

What kind of a time difference are we talkin about here jim? 10 minutes? 2 seconds?

14. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Well I burn at 4x, as stated earlier, and it takes me from 12 minutes to 15 minutes.

15. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I would think that burning the DVD should not be the problem..... it's decrytion and encoding that is and you shouldn't rush that..... but once you have a movie ready for burning...... do it right ..... burn at slower speads to assure quality and reliability. Who cares about a min or two in burning speads???!!!! it shouldn't matter. Are we beating the dead horse long enough???

16. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

yes its eyes are bugging out of its head,I think its dead enough LOL

17. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

Yo Ustop,

You are full of it.
    All you talk about is taking a dump.

Peace out P

18. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I agree,it was funny at first, but all the info sharing is getting to be a bit much.

19. chazbmwUS

chazbmwUS Guest

Ask a question and people go crazy,chill out and relax and blow that sh*t out,Ustop we know where you're blowing out of.

20. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

[bold]unsubscribed - hehehe - bye[/bold]