1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

full disc in dvdxcopy and dvdxpress?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by animedrag, Aug 11, 2004.

1. animedrag

animedrag Member

what does this do? does it copy everything on the dvd regardless of what is on there?

also, is there a way to backup a dvd that was burnt using dvdxcopy?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

It copies everything ... menus and extras.

Yes you can, with any disc copy program. Nero and Roxio have one. also helps if you use quality media to start.

3. animedrag

animedrag Member

what about dvddecrypter? it would be better to copy it to the HD using dvddecrypter than burn using nero right? or just burn straight from nero?

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

How about you check out the guides? Or, maybe doing a quick little search? I suggest you look at the guides :)

5. animedrag

animedrag Member

6. animedrag

animedrag Member

so the only way to burn a dvd that was burnt with dvdxcopy is to use nero? no other way out? seems like dvd decrypter won't work with me. if nero,then what settings do i use?

7. ispy

ispy Regular member

animedrag,
    Use Nero,Recode 2 for doing copies of copies.Nero Recode 2 is in the Nero package that I posted about yesterday to you.Have you updated your Nero yet? leaving out package No. 3,InCD.
    ispy

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 4500 P4 2.4 ,1Gb RAM,120GB Maxtor HD,XP Home Ed,Sony DRU 510A 11a Firmware,Ritek -R,s DVD XCopy Express 321+RF + DVDXCopy Platinum v4038+RF ,2nd comp Asus Pundit,P4 2.4,XP Home SP1, 120Gig HD,1Gig RAM ,Sony DRU 510a + Sony DSS, 11a Firmware,programm[/small]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  8. animedrag

animedrag Member

ok thx everyone. imma try to d/l the nero packages next week ispy. have to leave for one week.

9. ispy

ispy Regular member

animedrag
    To use Recode 2,launch Nero Startsmart,select Recode,when that window opens choose top option which is encode entire dvd,top left of new window you will see button marked DVD Video files,if its not highlighted click that.Insert movie to be copied in Drive,click Import DVD,you will see a breakdown of the movie so if you wish you can change compression of titles,main movie etc,but as your doing a copy of a copy there is really no need.Go to Next button at bottom right,click that,next window choose destination drive and if you want advanced analysis "takes longer but better Quality"also put a No. in the checkbox how many copies you want. The burn button should hightlight click that to Rip.When the rip is finished it will ask you for a blank disk in drive to burn to.I hope this brief summary is of some help,but its an easy programme to use.
    Regards ispy

10. ispy

ispy Regular member

animedrag
    I forgot to mention a great programme you can use in combo with Recode.Its AnyDVD,use it to decrypt movies in the background and protected CD,s it allows you to play/rip/burn movies from any region.I use it on region 1 discs people bring me from the States,you can leave it running in the background with dvdxcopy and Nero.Check the software tab on the AD site and download the free trial to see what you think,It,s well worth it.
    Regards ispy

11. animedrag

animedrag Member

hmm. i'm curious about "advanced analysis." would it actually improve quality? because i'm trying to make a copy of a copy so the quality couldn't be any higher right?

12. michigan

michigan Guest

correct, it won't make your copy better than the original