1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full DVD Copy

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by biteslsd, Aug 13, 2004.

1. biteslsd

biteslsd Member

Hey - I wanted to make a back-up copy of a dvd I have but I want the full dvd (special features and all). I ripped it with Mactheripper but now i don't know how to image the full DVD (rather than just the video part). Any help? Thanks

2. PatrickSk

PatrickSk Member

The programs you need are

1) DVDBackup - use this first to back up dvd getting rid of region codes, and encryptions.

2)DVD2One - use this second to convert any dual layer dvd eg. 7.4 G to a single dvd (4.7G).

3)Dragon Burn by NTI - to burn the VIDEO_TS file to a dvd.

The result from following this plan is a fully functional dvd movie with all parts of the original movie included.

3. jolisinge

jolisinge Guest

MacTheRipper or DVDBackup are both excellent at what they do, although I tend to find MacTheRipper succeeds where DVDBackup may fail (e.g. Finding Nemo, The Simpsons and 24). As for getting it all onto one disc you just need to select full disk copy under the options in DVD2OneX. Burn by your preferred method. Regards,

Jolly

4. Dontee

Dontee Member

With Fast DVD Copy v2.5 for Mac, you put in your DVD, take the check marks out of the boxes on things you don't want to copy. Like Spanish subtitles or French audio. Push the BIG green highlited START button and wait for about 30 to 40 minutes. It ask for a blank. Extract the source DVD and give it a blank DVD. Wait 15 to 30 minutes. It spits out the finished DVD and ask if you would like to make another copy. Fast DVD Copy makes perfect backups. It works in the background while you work on other projects. I suppose memory is a factor there. I have 1 gig on an iBook G4 1.2GHz. I am amazed at the trouble people out there are going to, to back up DVD's.

www.fastdvdcopy.com

5. vidxtreme

vidxtreme Member

Guys, just follow these guides at http://www.wizunder.com. In less than an hour a perfect copy of my DVD is on the disc. They also have an options to reauthor your disc to make TWO movies fit on DVDR. YES, DVD movies not SVCD like from other tutorials. I hope this response is not too late...good luck guys..

6. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

vidxtreme:

DUDE this is a MACINTOSH forum...

MG