1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Driver Error, using MacTheRipper and Popcorn

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by b663904, Dec 20, 2005.

1. b663904

b663904 Guest

I have twice now got an error when completing the burning to disc from "Popcorn". It occurs at the very end of the copying process. What gives?

Using MacTheRipper I can copies the VIDEO_TS to the hard drive just fine, which can be played back with no problem from my computer. The problem comes when I try to burn it to a disc and keep getting the same erorr from Popcorn:

Ther driver reported an error: Sense key = illegal request = 0X30,0X05 CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM-INCOMPATIBLE FORMATE.

What gives from this, as it won't allow for the discs to write? "THE DISC FAILS TO BE WRITTEN"?

HELP!

2. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

what brand of media are you using?

3. b663904

b663904 Guest

The discs are Sony CVC-R, 4.7 GB. These have been just fine for copying many other movies, using the program MacTheRipper and Popcorn. I tried several copying Modes on MacTheRippe and same errors occur. The movie plays just fine on my computer. But when I try to actually burn the dvd at the very end I get the error and disc won't finalize?

Bob B.

4. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

what are you using to burn the disk? what software?

what do the sony's code out to?

you may also want to try some verbatims or some ty's.. it may the that sony is not being "liked" by your drive..

you can always get some rw dvds.. maxell.. sony and verbatims.

5. b663904

b663904 Guest

I have Mac mini with a superdrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW) and software for burning the disc is Popcorn. As I said, it works fine with other movies. The movie I am having the problem with is Cinderella Man, which on the disc is printed Region 1. However, when I scan the disc with MacTheRipper, it scans "Clear". I have tried over-riding the region setting, yet I get the same result at the end of the process, with the error message.

error: Sense key = illegal request = 0X30,0X05 CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM-INCOMPATIBLE FORMATE. With a final error: "THE DISC FAILS TO BE WRITTEN"?

Are there DVD's that allow MacTheRipper to rip at movie for the computer use only, BUT not be able to burn to a DVD?

BOB B.

6. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

i'm not sure why it this is happening.. did you do the updates on the roxio site for your popcorn?

did you run the sony discs thru the media identifier?

try other brands of media.. maxell.. verbatim.. ty's.

7. FunkYou

FunkYou Member

8. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

nice thread on that one.. i was very un-aware of those issues.