1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grainy picture

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by mccoy5, Oct 14, 2004.

1. mccoy5

mccoy5 Member

I have been trying to back up my copy of band of brothers, the problem is two of the episodes have come out grainy. There are two episodes per disc, one works ok the other is grainy on the same disc. I have tried coying with cce & rebuilder also with intervideo dvdcopy2. Dvd copy 2 only seems to burn half a disc. If I try shrink it tells me the dvd has an error and wont work. I have copyed the file to my hard drive with decrypter and if I play them from there they are ok. I did have xp service pack 2, but have removed it and I still have the same problem.
    Anybody have any ideas?

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

How large are the files on the disk. Did you remove uneeded language files? A grainy result is often caused by a very large and long playing movie. You might have to split it and back it up with two disks per DVD unless you have a dual layer burner.

Try reporting your problem on this thread because jdobbs often answers posts on it.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/39/97052