1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo 2 mods and softmodding i will teach u **No Email Posting or Banned!!**

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by popacap, Oct 10, 2005.

1. wasted05

wasted05 Guest

2. pn2bade

pn2bade Member

ok i got everything working, but i cant connect it to the computer. i got SmartFTP v2.0, i put in my ip (192.168.1.102) , username (xbox), password (xbox) but it just says:
    [15:12:36] 502 pasv is not implemented.
    [15:12:36] Automatic failover of data connection mode from "Passive Mode (PASV)" to "Active Mode (PORT)".
    [15:12:36] PORT 192,168,1,100,9,242
    [15:13:06] 425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.1.100:61961

3. Brute3

Brute3 Member

where can i get mods for halo 2 or some one to teach me how

4. GsPH719

GsPH719 Guest

pn2bade try useing Flash FXP trail version, that's what I used. If ur xbox is connected to xbox live, then it should work.oh and you must be on at the time, like if u have Evolution X dashboard, then go to system management, and be at the screen that gives you all that info like ur ip and crap.

5. GsPH719

GsPH719 Guest

for everyone who does not know how to mod halo 2 read this:
    Ok you need
    *An Action Replay for xbox ($20-$30)
    *An orginal copy of either Mech Assult one, Splinter Cell, or 007. NON PLATINUMS
    *An xbox
    *Computer
    *Halo 2
    *Ndure's installer (just download it) might need something like PowerZip to open it
    *Bit Torrent (to get Ndure to work)

Okay install ur Action Replay on your computer. Now open up the Ndure installer and find what ever game you are using in there. You have a folder 007 for the game 007, MA for the game MEch Assult, and SC for SPlinter Cell. NO open up the folder and find a folder called saves or somthing to do with saves open it. No grab the UDATA folder and drag it into the middle collum of the action replay menu on ur comp. Once completed scroll down until you find ur game out of the list.Have ur AR memo card plug into the little pluggi- in thing. Once u found ur game grab the Run Linux file and put it into the left collum the memo card collum. Now pull out the card and put it into ur xbox controller. Go to the dashboard and slect memory. Then you'll see the xbox hd and the memory card at the top left. Slect the memo card. Inside find ur game and copy the run linux into ur xbox hd (harddrive). Now pop in ur game that u have the file for. Run it and go to load games. I used splnter cell, so i went to profiles and found Run Linux as one. You load ur game save. And it will start an installation process. But before installing be sure to select the install option "back-up EEPROM", just in case you need to back up things. Then install evolution x dashboard, not Unleashed. Now once that is all completed it is time for the modding.
    Things you'll need:
    *A modded xbox(if you followed the above)
    *Halo 2
    *A connection between the xbox and comp. (If you have xbox live it is probalbly connected)
    *Flash FXP (trail version is avaible)
    *All in one v2 or Dothalo which is in AIO v2

Open up Flash FXP. At the top will be a lighting bolt symbol. Click it. A window will ask u to fill out some info. On ur xbox go to i think system management at the bottom, it might be in a certain group towards the main menu at the bottom I can't remember so explore. But inside System Management will be ur info. It will say Network and it will give you two IP's. use the first one. So on Flash FXP type in ur IP (ex:192.168.1.105) then for user or nickname put in xbox, password xbox. No connect. It should connect. No open up the folder "E". Now open up a folder uhhh... crap. It ends in 64. Open that one. I cant remember for crap. Its either that or TDATA. Ithink its TDATA, and in TDATA find a folder that ends in 64. Yeah there we go. That sounds right. Okay. Now find a folder named like $c. Open it. Inside will be three folders. one that ends in 1, another in 2, and another ends in 3. Each one of those contains diffrent maps. Not the orginal nine through, the new downloadable ones. any ways select all those and right click em and slect transfer. It will transfer to what ever folder you have ready on the left collum. I prefer My Documents. Once its done (it will take a couple minutes.) You now have ur maps on ur pc.
    okay if you have AIO v2 (which you might have trouble finding) open it. You will need .NET Framework version 2 up. So get that if u haven't before already. At the top will say open or somthing, the first one on the left of the top toolbar, click it. Youll see a bunch of diffrent programs. Entire editors is what ur probably looking for. Find Dothalo its the best one. Open it. Now select open map. Find ur map whereever u saved those filesat. The map file will end in .MAP. Once it is open you'll have a whole set of 'tags'. Find a tag and change it however you like, just remember to click Save changes after each change. Explore a little bit. the BiPed file is the player files like mastercheif and the elite. Lets say you want duel wieldable battlerifiles. Go to Weapons, fins the battle rifle. The tag editor will pop up. Check Duel Wieldable. And save. and when ur done click Fix encryption. once its fixed clicl close map and exit. Now back at the AIO v2. Find the map resigners tab in the editors. Then click cool spots resigner. Find ur map u just modded and open it. Then click resign map. Once its done exit out of it and the AIO v2. Go back to flash fxp, stay on that one screen u were at on ur xbox. With all ur info on it. Repeat the process but instead of transfering those files ur going to do something eles. Open up one of the three files, what ever one was the one with the map u modded in it, on both the right and left collums. Now on the right collum, delete the map. Now transfer ur modded map into it. Once it is done exit and pop in halo two, to play just go to M$ Dashboard. Now play ur modded map. All those programs in AIO v2 do diffrent things so play around alittle bit. And explore. If u screw up or what ur orginal maps back email me and I'll send them to u, or before you mod them copy them in aonther place. Have fun modding and thanx for readin.

6. modder94

modder94 Member

nice tutorial :)

7. GsPH719

GsPH719 Guest

thanx. I misspelled now a lot though, it says no. A lot.

8. Brute3

Brute3 Member

could you send me the maps my email is i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  9. GsPH719

GsPH719 Guest

srry the files are too big to send. But im making a site today and it will have them in there so hang tight like 30 minutes.

10. Brute3

Brute3 Member

cool thanks

11. GsPH719

GsPH719 Guest

FRIGGINS! In other words CRAP!
    Im having techncal difficulties but my tutrial and more to come are posted on my website i literally just made. Its http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp
    My group is Da Smiling Penguin like production group. My freinds is A Deadly Koala his AMV's might be posted there to. We are in the making of episode one of our awesome halo 2 movies, that's why I got involved with modding. If you know of some free stuff to help with the movie please contact me at my guestbook. Hopefully we will make it by 2007. But the items needed are very exsapensive. Like a capture card is about $100+. We dont have such cash. If you know of anyways of filming that would help to. So my site is up and runnin I think, and it will have all sorts of information on softmodding so, yeah itll help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2007
  12. Brute3

Brute3 Member

Hey I singed your guest book Check it out and thats my im moding

13. 213DDOW

213DDOW Member

thats a very good tutorial..

14. pn2bade

pn2bade Member

yo ok i got a problem, i can't get my freakin xbox connected to my computer. It's driving me freakin insane! I did everything the tutorial said, and I got evolution X. Please, Please help me!

15. lea321

lea321 Guest

i dont know how to use the mods on halo 2 it looks sooooooooooo fun!
    will somebody help me?

16. biok93

biok93 Member

im softmoddin my 360 will splinter cell original work on 360

17. xodome

xodome Guest

what programs do u use to make weapon mods with ?

18. pn2bade

pn2bade Member

it won't work for 360, unless they have updated the software, but the hacking program is specifically made for the Xbox only

19. biok93

biok93 Member

so how do u mod it

20. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

i was wondering why a soft-modding thread was in a hardware forum...

no offense, this is totally a newbie fest.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006