1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo burn problems

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by NeeKnight, Dec 13, 2003.

1. NeeKnight

NeeKnight Member

I burned Halo PC for a backup disc in case I lost the real one. I downloaded all of the FLT's and extracted them with WinRAR, then used Nero to burn the image. The problem is, after it installs, if I quit, I can't play anymore. When I try to open it, it says "please insert the correct CD". I have to install it again if I want to play. I don't know what went wrong, so please help. It is SD 2.7 protected. I opened the NFO that came w/ the download w/ wordpad and read everything it had, but it didn't say anything about this problem. All it says is this:

Installation Information:
    =========================

Just extract the archives and burn the .cue file with your favorite CD-Recording software.

On another note, I only can't play it after I download the new patch. If I don't download the patch, then it works fine, but then I can't play online, which makes it pretty much worthless.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Holy friggen multipost!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/60407
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/61159

1. Stop and READ the sticky threads! There is one dedicated to burning SD2.*
    2. There is no such thing as an FLT file, FLT is an abbreviation for a release group, Fairlight. The are just tars or rars. This means that the image you downloaded is not a true image of the game.
    3. Since it is not a true image of the game, you need to go find a noCD or look on the cd.
    4. Stop multiposting. This is the last time I will see this.

3. halo4free

halo4free Guest

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Afterdawn forums doesn't endorse P I R A C Y related issues, please read forum rules m8.

Shoey :)