1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone been able to back this title up?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by game9999, Oct 27, 2004.

1. game9999

game9999 Guest

I cannot get dawn of the dead to backup i have tried DVDFabv2.28 ,ClneDVD v2.4.5.4 ,DvdXCopy Xpress DVDSanta,Clone DVD by dvd x studios v3.0,and dvd decrypter,also dvdshrink (all Latest versions)also tried anydvd v4041 and dvdidle pro nothing works they all hang on the VTS_01_1 file or something like that its about 3% into the copying process on all.could it be new copy protection?
    thanks in advance
    game

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey Game, welcome to aD there little "Buddy" -

Heh, heh, LQQks like you tried everything but the right one -

I used DVD Decrypter in the ISO Mode (read) then opened up DVD Shrink, File, Open disc image, allowed it to do it's little "shrinkie" thing then burned it to disc using the setting in "Backup", "ISO image file and burn with DVD Decrypter". Wotked fine for me -

report back and let me know how you did, OK ?

Pete

3. treelo

treelo Guest

I made a backup of it yesterday , with no problems, the movie plays flawlessly. I am using DvdXcopy Platinum v.4.0.3.8

4. game9999

game9999 Guest

thanks guys for the fast responses i will give it a try and report back
    thanks again
    game

5. game9999

game9999 Guest

scubapete thanks alot your way worked but only after a couple attempts,platinum 4038 did not work but why wouldnt dvdfab,clonedvd 2 with anydvd,or any of the dvdxcopy softwares work?
    thanks in advance
    game

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey thjere game,

Dawn of the Dead was just one of those "Bear" DVD's we get every once in awhile - It just happens -

As for me DVDFab wasn't that "Fab" for me, it's just another XCopy. I have and I use CloneDVD, AnyDVD and just to keep the dust off, DVD XCopy Platinum (maybe one in a hundred since I can kill the "splash" screen).

In using CloneDVD 2 I always check the "value" bar at the bottom and if it reads below 93% I don't use that as with the Deep anaylsis and Quality enhancements, DVD Shrink give a better quality backup, No question about it -

Cheers,

Pete

7. game9999

game9999 Guest

well thanks for the tips pete i think i will switch to dvd shrink and dvd decrypter and you sure cant beat the price of these programs
    thanks again
    game

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2004
  8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

9. iburndvds

iburndvds Member

yes i have using clone dvd and slysoft

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

My platinum worked OK for Dawn of the Dead, I use dvd43 & anydvd too.

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

pulsar,

I'm trying to figure that out - I'm assuming that you have a RF Platinum ?

Why haven't you loaded up the 321RIP patch ?

With that patch it rips like "no body's business". You need to get it now !

http://321rip.tripod.com/

I run AnyDVD also BUT I use it primarly with other proggys-

Pete

12. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have both ripper & RF Platinum. I really only use RF. I have not had a movie I could not copy with anydvd & dvd43 for protection issues. Sorry for the confusion!

13. game9999

game9999 Guest

so pete you use both dvd43 and anydvd together? i was running platinum v4.0.3.8 doesnt that have the ripper built in?i also have platinum RF v4.0.4.15 but no key for that version so cant try it(wish i could).also which version of dvd43 are you using the free one or the dvdidle version?
    also thanks for the link to 321rip now i wish i could open up platinum RF v4.0.4.15
    thanks for all your help
    game
    pete is it alright to PM you?

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

game,

I do use AnyDVD but I have removed DVD43 as it isn't anywhere near as good as AnyDVD and running them both served absolutely no useful purpose. As for which version, I would only recommend the Free one. If you are going to pay for it, buy the best, buy AnyDVD.

As for which Platinum XCopy has or doesn't have a ripper, I'm not that familiar with them to know. The way I figure, the guy who purchased it will know, I'll ask them -

Cheers,

Pete

15. game9999

game9999 Guest

ok pete thanks again for the help dawn of the dead backs up great now i just updated my dvdxcopy platinum v4.0.3.8 to v4.0.4.15 with PsiDOC's patch and also updated dvdxcopy xpress v3.2.3.435 to v3.2.5.13 also with PsiDOC's patch and now they both will rip anything and without the 321 warning at the beginning.
    thanks again
    game

ps i know updating those to the latest versions made them RF(ripper free)but that is one of the nice things PsiDOC's patches takes care of.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2004
  16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yea, I thought you'd like that link I posted - Still - You're still getting limited quality using XCopy - Re-think using DVD Shrink and you might want to try DVD2One as another good quality proggy :)

Sea Ya Game :)

Pete