1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD DVD to Avi

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by cadocomp, Dec 14, 2007.

1. cadocomp

cadocomp Member

I am trying to find a way to convert my HD DVDs to Avi files for my Home Theater PC. I have looked everywhere for a converter. Is there such thing?

I have AnyDVD to rip the HD DVD, is there a program that can play what I ripped? Thanks ya'all

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

powerdvd player, vlc player

3. djkrishna

djkrishna Regular member

hi guys
    everybody is saying vlc will play it ain't
    i have home premium vista
    iam using cyberlink power dvd
    but i have a question though

is there any softy that will rip only movie from hddvd (like dvdshrink have options to rip only movie)i know theres a softwares to rip whole hddvd disc and bluray disc which are dvdfabhd and anydvd

thanks in advance

4. sunny1985

sunny1985 Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2008
  5. z0diac

z0diac Regular member

I posted another thread somewhere about this... A very detailed chronicological order of my dealings with playing .EVO files. See here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/592820

Finding a working player for raw .EVO fles can be VERY hard, and different programs seem to work/not work for differnt people.

I too am still looking for a converter to convert .EVO files into a format that's easier to work with....

6. wutang01

wutang01 Member

I have the raw files for the Transformers HD DVD. 26gb worth, 2 folders: ADV_OBJ & HVDVD_TS

I want to know how to convert it into a *.TS file or something, while preserving its 1080p-ness :)

Am I stuck with something that's dead and simply won't work? ><

7. z0diac

z0diac Regular member

RIght now it doesn't look like it's possible. EVODemux will convert them into .mpv files which are equally as useless tow work with.

I got a reply from tech support at VideoReDo and they said they are working on having VideoReDo be able to open .EVO files in the future.