1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! - Editing RealPlayer files.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Repetitor, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Repetitor

Repetitor Guest

Can somebody please tell me about any software they're aware of which is capable of achieving the following:

1: I have a two-hour RealPlayer audio documentary which (obviously) is too long to fit onto a single disk. What software will split it into two files (i.e. part 1 & part 2), BOTH of which maintain "file integrety"? By that I mean, I already have software (HJSplit) that can divide audio/video/any files but they only work once they're re-assembled since the relevant file information is only contained in part 1.

2: I have other RP files of radio broadcasts which include songs/interviews I'd like to extract and keep as seperate (smaller) files. What software can extract such small sections of lengthy broadcasts?

Hopefully, there's just ONE programme that can achieve both of the above but I've not been able to find one yet soooooo...... any info which'll help me find it/them will be much appreciated.

NB: I'm sure I already have a prog' that converts RP files to WAVs and/or MP3s... so I just need something to edit the RealPlayer files.

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

For the first part I would convert the files to WAV if you have the space. Then I would use [bold]Audacity[/bold] to split the track in two (You must do it manually).

Do you already have the files "lengthy broadcast" files? If so I would suggest Using either Audacity or [bold]KRYSTAL[/bold]. Both can be used to select and portions of tracks via highlighting the desired sections.

What audio file converter do you use? I use [bold]dBpowerAMP (dMC)[/bold].

Link to apps:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/127334

Ced

3. Repetitor

Repetitor Guest

Thanks for the info.

Now... do I REALLY want to install more software I'm unlikely to use again when I'm done editing those broadcasts? lol. My reluctance is due to

1. Ownership of a 6 year-old 9.2Gb hard-drive, 6Gb of which is filled with softwares accumulated since installment. I only have the remaining 3Gb to "play" with so spend a LOT of time deleting and burning.

2. Unless it has a VERY user-friendly interface, learning new software is typically guaranteed to irritate me.

Because you asked I just looked at the software I THOUGHT would convert the RP files to other formats... to discover it DOESN'T. It's a trial version of a thing called "MP3 Doctor". I got it (from cnet/download.com) cuz I had an "unusual" MP3 with a sample rate of 48khz rather than the usual 44khz. My Nero didn't like it so I used the "MP3 Doctor" to resample it.

That's the ONLY time I used it which is why I wasn't sure what else it could do. What it ACTUALLY does, is convert MP3's to WAV's and vice versa - resamples; edits; normalizes; equalizes; adjusts pitch/tempo and TAGS them. It also claims a KARAOKE feature as an incidental by-product.

The trial version is the same as the purchased product cept that you can only use it 20 (as far as I recall) times. I wonder if I'll ever have cause to use it a second time.

Thanks again for your reply.

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

5. Nanaki

Nanaki Member

i used to deal with realmedia. it's not bad but i don't like it anymore : /

6. Repetitor

Repetitor Guest

Thanks Veblin

=)